Total time: 15 minutes. Fresh mozzarella is easier to slice when it is very firm. Place mozzarella in the freezer just until firm, and thinly slice. Any brand of pre-baked pizza crust will work for this recipe.
Yield 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 pizza)
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary’s brand)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray crust with cooking spray.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Spread pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and tomato; sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.
- Calories: 377 (32% from fat)
- Fat: 13.5g (sat 4.9g,mono 0.1g,poly 0.2g)
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.1g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 209mg
Cooking Light, James McNair, AUGUST 2005