Yields 4 servings
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced or ½ can (7oz), diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp. minced fresh basil (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh oregano (or ½ tsp. dried)
- ¾ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed, or 1 package (10 oz) frozen green beans thawed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, basil and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes. Add green beans, cover and cook for 6 minutes, until the beans are crisp but tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 54 calories
- 2 g fat (<1 g saturated fat)
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 2 g protein
- 3 g dietary fiber
- 7 mg sodium.