- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed (or frozen, French-cut)
- 3 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or ½ tsp. dry ginger)
- 1 tsp. salt (may be eliminated)
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2/3 c. sliced green onions
- ½ c. chopped roasted cashews, divided
- Boil water and add beans.
- Cook until just tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain. (If using frozen, follow package directions and drain.)
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, oil, ginger, salt, sugar and lemon peel in a large bowl.
- Add beans, green onions and ¼ cup cashews; toss well.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cashews before serving.
You can run the cooked beans under cold water after cooking and serve as a cold side dish.
- calories 75
- total fat 5 g
- saturated fat 1 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- sodium 233 mg
- carbohydrates 7 g
- fiber 2 g, protein 2 g
Article Category: Recipe