- Maintain a healthy lifestyle through rest, diet, exercise and relaxation.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner if soap and water are not available. Be sure to wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes. Germs spread this way.
- Cover you coughs and sneezes with a tissue, or cough and sneeze into your elbow. Dispose of tissues in on-touch trash receptacles.
- Keep frequently touched common surfaces clean, such as
telephones, computer keyboards, doorknobs, etc.
- Do not use other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment. If you need to use a co0worker’s phone, desk, or other equipment clean it before and after uses.
- Don’t spread the flu! If you are sick with flu-like illness, stay home!
- Get vaccinated against seasonal flu, when vaccine is available in your area.
For more information:
Contact CDC 24 Hours/Every day
1(800) CDC-INFO (232-4636)
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Article Category: Colds and Flu