- 1 cup pre-chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper (about 1)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 –ounce) can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 6 lime wedges
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add first 4 ingredients
- Cook for 6 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder and next 8 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup chili and 1 lime wedge)
- Calories 211 (28% from fat)
- Fat 6.5g (sat 1.7g,mono 1.9gpoly 1.6 g)
- Protein 22.5g
- Cholesterol 54mg
- Calciun 52mg
- Sodium 474mg
- Fiber 4.7g
- Iron 3.4mg
- Carbohydrate 16.4g
Source: Cooking Light
Article Category: Recipe