Your single best way to prevent colds and flu is to get a “flu shot.” But good health habits can help you prevent the spread of the flu virus.
- Cleaning your hands frequently, especially after using the washroom or coughing or sneezing, will prevent the spread of germs.
- Stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth because germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Article Category: Colds and Flu