Resources & Guides
- Must, Should, May Tips for Word documents
- Step by Step Checklist for Creating an Accessible Document in Word (DOCX)
- Tips for Creating Accessible Online Documents
- Our Web Accessibility Site Resources Page
- “Cheat” Sheets from the National Center on Disability and Access to Education (NCDAE)
- Penn State Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Health & Human Services Web Page
- Microsoft Office – Creating Accessible Office Files
- Best Practices Handout (DOCX)
Screen Reader Software
- JAWS – from Freedom Scientific. A demo version is available.
- NVDA, a free, open source screen reader for Windows
- Apple products come with VoiceOver built in. This is one of many guides to VoiceOver and other accessibility features on Macs, iPhones, iPads, etc.
- Windows comes with a basic screen reader named Narrator which can be used to test documents.