The Pre-application form (PDF) on this site may be printed, completed, and mailed by any student who wishes to be considered for admission to this U. B. Program.
If you would like more information or think you qualify for many exciting Upward Bound opportunities for high school students, ask your High School Counselor for a Pre-application form or contact the Upward Bound office at Purdue University Calumet and read below!
Recruitment of new Upward Bound students begins in January and continues through March. (Selected students are notified in April.)
Ninth (9th) grade students interested in applying to the Upward Bound program should complete an Upward Bound Pre-application form.
Pre-Application forms are distributed by:
- high school counselors
- other school staff (in each of the high schools served by Upward Bound)
- local community agencies
- Upward Bound office
Applicants to Upward Bound must:
- Be enrolled in grade nine at the time of application.
- Meet education and income guidelines.
- Reside in the Upward Bound service area (East Chicago, Gary, or Hammond, IN).
- Posses the commitment to attend college and adhere to a three-year college preparation curriculum.
- Be a permanent resident of the United States.
- Meet other U.S. Department of Education eligibility guidelines.
Complete “Applications” are provided to students who meet program eligibility requirements. Applications must be completed and returned to the Upward Bound Program before the deadline posted on the form. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status in April.