Foreign Travel Information

Foreign Travel Information

 Export Control Regulations

All travelers visiting a foreign country are required to complete an Export Control Questionnaire.  Each question on this form must be answered to the best of your ability.  Traveler’s must then sign the form and it will be submitted to West Lafayette. 

The form can be accessed by clicking on the following link Export Control Questionnaire.  A copy of this form will be attached to all Form 17′s and must be signed along with the Form 17.

U.S. citizens traveling abroad should be aware of the export control regulations and to what items this regulation applies.  Detailed information can be found at the following Purdue University website:  travel.php .

Please direct any inquiries to Michael Reckowsky in the Office of the Vice President for Research –

International Travel Funded by a Sponsored Program

When an individual is traveling internationally and the trip is funded by a sponsored program, additional approval from Sponsored Programs in West Lafayette is required for all travel forms. 

The Sponsored Programs office at Calumet will have final review for our campus and will then forward to Sponsored Programs in West Lafayette.  All necessary signatures will be obtained from the Calumet campus prior to forwarding to West Lafayette.  Additional time should be allowed due to this approval process.

International Insurance

Just a reminder:  The Travel Center needs your approved Form 17 to request your international insurance from Risk Management in West Lafayette.  More information can be found at the following link.