The start of the 2015 spring semester (1/12) features implementation of a NEW Peregrine Shuttle transportation system for campus passengers.
Students, faculty and staff are invited to ride the Peregrine bus to and from the supermarket, other shopping areas, post office, bank, East Chicago South Shore train station and other popular, nearby destinations in Hammond, Highland, Munster and Schererville. Three set schedules are offered:
- Monday through Thursday
No more advance reservations!
For a free ride, simply catch the Peregrine Shuttle bus per the location(s) and time(s) on the day(s) you desire to the destinations listed on the Shuttle Schedule page.
- Transportation offered at no charge via a 20-passenger, wheelchair-accessible bus;
- Travel along fixed routes (advance reservations no longer required or accepted);
- Three routes offered to accommodate various days, needs and preferences
All three routes from campus to locations along the Indianapolis Boulevard corridor with stops in:
- Schererville and
- East Chicago (South Shore train station)
Stops to include various food and other shopping venues:
- Hessville Post Office,
- Grocery stores
- Chase Bank,
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles,
- Hammond Clinic,
- AMC Showplace movie theaters,
- Dining locations and
- the East Chicago South Shore train station for pick-up and drop-off service.
These locations are based on the most frequently identified transportation needs indicated in the survey taken by Marketing & Communications last year.
For questions, please contact the Information Desk at 219-989-2400.