New medical insurance plan information
Purdue employees will have a new medical insurance provider in 2014: Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Faculty and staff will have three medical plan options from which to choose for implementation Jan. 1, 2014. The Office of Human Resources has planned a wide variety of ways for employees to learn about the plan options in order to make an informed decision.
- Benefits Website [Opens in New Window] (contains information related to 2014 plans and premiums)
- Medical Plan Comparison Tool (uses employee’s historical data to help select plan for coming year) (available fall 2013)
- On Campus Presentations
- Walk-In Labs during Open Enrollment (October and November)
- Ongoing coverage in Purdue Today and HR e-newsletter
- APSAC, CSSAC, Faculty Senate
You can visit the following website to check which doctors/facilities are included in the Anthem network [Opens in New Window] Click “find a doctor” on the right hand side of the page. When asked what insurance plan you would like to use, select “I’d like to search by selecting a plan.” Then use Indiana as the state, PPO as the plan type, and Blue Access (PPO) as the plan name.
As always, you can reach out to Purdue Calumet Human Resources for assistance or answers to questions:
- Phone extension 2251
- Email email@example.com
Or visit HR Help [Opens in New Window], a secure web system that safeguards messages transmitted between employees and Human Resources. HR Help protects the employees’ privacy at a higher level than ordinary email can.