Record number of biology graduates looking to succeed in advanced programs
More biological sciences students are on track to earn bachelor’s degrees this spring than ever before, and many are crediting university faculty for their support in helping them succeed.
The graduates will receive 40 baccalaureate degrees, as well as six master’s degrees during Commencement Exercises May 10.
On to pharmacy, veterinary, dental schools & more
According to Professor and Interim Department Head W.T. Evert Ting, “Many (students) have been accepted for advanced study at professional schools, medical technology clinical programs and Purdue Calumet M.S. programs.”
In fact, seven prospective graduates are headed to pharmacy school, five to veterinary school, three to dental school, two into medical technology clinical programs, one each into podiatric, physical therapy, physician assistance and accelerated B.S. in Nursing programs, as well as four into Purdue Calumet’s M.S. in Biology program.
Following, in part, is what some of our prospective biology graduates said about their Purdue Calumet experience:
- “…Purdue University Calumet was the perfect school for me. The biology program offered a variety of interesting courses with small classroom sizes and wonderful professors…”
- “…I believe I have made the best decision to attend (Purdue Calumet). I like the fact that the class sizes are smaller…”
- “…The most attractive part of the Biological Sciences Department here is the relationship that you can build with the knowledgeable faculty due to small class sizes, exciting hands-on labs and opportunity to be involved with various areas of research…”
- “…I was first attracted to (Purdue Calumet) because of the small class sizes allowing me to get to know my professors and peers on a higher level compared to a large university…Not only were the professors always available to answer any questions, but they were always excited and willing to help me reach my goals…”
- “…I was first attracted to (Purdue Calumet) for the small class sizes and wide variety of class offerings. I also liked the potential to explore research opportunities and the many extracurricular and community service activities available…”
- “…Professors always keep an open door and are ready to talk to you and help you with whatever you need to ensure you succeed. I love that our department is like a little family. Everyone knows one another, and we are all good friends…”
- “…The professors…picked up on my potential right from the start and always pushed me to go above and beyond and do my best. They’ve been closely guiding me throughout this journey and were able to provide advice and personal attention due to the small class sizes…”