In addition to placement testing, CLEP testing will be available at the Academic Learning Center until May 2013. After that time, the CLEP will only be offered at our Hammond campus Testing Services Center.
CLEP exams evaluate non-traditional college-level education, such as independent study, correspondence work, experiential learning or credit earned at a non-regionally accredited institution. The CLEP® exam is a 90-minute, computerized exam that, if successfully passed, allows students to receive college credit in a particular course. This service is provided for anyone wanting to receive college credits through CLEP®.
Purdue Calumet CLEP Credit Policy
Purdue Calumet CLEP credit may be established by taking the subject matter examinations shown and having an official score report sent with the qualifying exam and score to the Office of Admissions. (General examinations credit is not accepted.) Please note that not all CLEP exams offered through College Board have equivalencies through Purdue University Calumet.
A complete listing of CLEP Scores/Equivalencies is located in the Purdue University Calumet Course Catalog at the following link: http://www.purduecal.edu/catalog/
Information about the CLEP® can be obtained at by visiting the College Board web site at www.collegeboard.org. Students can download the “Information for Candidates” booklet for important CLEP® information as well as view testing preparation resources.
Taking the CLEP® at the Academic Learning Center:
- The CLEP® examination is administered by the Testing Services Center at the Academic Learning Center, Room 232.
- A registration-admission form will be completed for exam registrationat the time of testing.
- CLEP® tests are administered by appointment only. Bring a photo I.D. on the day of the exam. Books, study guides, calculators, etc. are not allowed in the testing area.
- Please call the Academic Learning Center at (219) 756-7252 for an appointment or additional information.
- There is a $77.00 fee payable to CLEP® by check, money order, or credit card for each exam taken. After July 1, 2012, this fee will be increased to $80.00. If you are taking multiple exams and will be paying CLEP® by check or money order, please write a separate check for each exam taken.
- There is also a separate $20.00 non-refundable service fee payable to Purdue Calumet by check or money order. You may return the checks or money orders with the registration form. Credit card information will be taken on the day of the exam. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB are accepted. Do not send cash.
- If you plan to take an optional essay exam for Freshman College Composition, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, English Literature, and American Literature, there is a separate $10.00 fee. This exam will take at least two weeks to arrive at the Testing Center. Please note, the essay exam will take an additional 90 minutes to complete. However, you may take the computer portion of the exam and schedule your written exam at a later date. Please plan accordingly.
For more information on CLEP testing at the Academic Learning Center, please contact the ALC at (219) 756-7252 or email@example.com.