GRE (Graduate Record Examinations):
- The Graduate Record Examinations tests are taken by individuals applying to graduate schools. The exam is available in two forms, General and Subject Test.
- General GRE exams cover critical thinking, analytical writing, and verbal and quantitative writing skills.
- Subject Tests are available for students studying math, science, computers, and English literature. These exams measure readiness for graduate work in these subjects areas.
- The computer-based version of the general test allows students to answer fewer questions through an adaptive process that matches a student’s skill level.
- Purdue University Calumet offers the paper version of the subject test.
Purdue University Calumet administers the GRE Subject test ONLY; we do not offer dates for the GRE General test. Administration dates for the GRE General test and the Subject test are different. Please refer to the ETS website at www.ets.org/gre for information on each test in order to determine which test you need to take.
Registration and Fees:
Registration and fee information are available through the Educational Testing Service website at www.ets.org/gre. Free descriptive booklets, including information and test preparation materials, are available in downloadable format at this site.
GRE Test Dates 2014-2015
All Dates at Hammond Campus
For additional information regarding registration and testing dates for the GRE Subject test, please follow this link: http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/subject.