College of Technology
Budget Advisory Committee
In order to have faculty and staff input in the resource allocation within the College of Technology, we have formed the College of Technology (COT) Budget Advisory Committee. The COT Budget Advisory Committee is charged with providing feedback on budget-related matters concerning resources needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of the College of Technology’s 2013-2018 Strategic Plan. The COT Budget Advisory Committee is comprised of the following members:
Three faculty members:
- One from each academic department, recommended by the Department Head
Two staff members:
- One representing the clerical staff, appointed by the Dean
- One representing the Administrative/Professional staff, appointed by the Dean
Funds are available for the development of projects/activities that are consistent with the 2013-2018 COT Strategic Plan. COT faculty and staff are encouraged to submit project/activity proposals (and any supporting documents) to the Chair of the COT Budget Advisory Committee for review and funding consideration. The COT Budget Advisory Committee has full budget authority of funds for:
- Faculty and staff professional development
- Faculty release for scholarly activities
At a minimum, all project/activity proposals must meet the following 3 criteria for approval:
- The proposal must align with a goal identified in the COT Strategic Plan
- The proposal must align with a strategy under the goal identified in the COT Strategic Plan, and
- The proposal must align with a metric for the goal identified in the COT Strategic Plan
The Budget Advisory Committee will meet the beginning of each semester during the academic year to review proposals for funding consideration. The COT Budget Committee will forward comments and recommendations on faculty proposals to the Dean for final approval. Approval of staff proposals will be recommended by the COT Budget Advisory Committee.
At the completion of the project/activity each award recipient will submit a brief report on the project/activity and outcomes, if any, to the Department Head. A summary report will be submitted by the Department Head to the Dean at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters. This will provide measurements and outcomes to be included in the Strategic Plan results.
The COT Project/Activity Proposal form is available on the COT Home Page under the COT Strategic Plan.
Questions may be directed to members of the COT Budget Advisory Committee: Jose Pena (Chair), Bridget Marczewski (Secretary), Magesh Chandramouli, Omer Farook, Donna Alt