Refereed Journal Articles (6)
- Jiang, K., Cao, X. (2011). Design and implementation of an audit trail in compliance with US regulations. Clinical Trials, 8(5):624-33. doi:10.1177/1740774511413943
- Calix, R. A.; Knapp, G. M.; Actor Level Emotion Magnitude Prediction in Text and Speech, Springer Multimedia Tools and Applications, 29 Oct. 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-011-0909-8
- Calix, R. A.; Javadpour, L.; Knapp, G. M.; Detection of Affective States from Text and Speech for Real-time Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Published online before print December 2, 2011, doi: 10.1177/0018720811425922
- Mozammel, A., Mapa, L. (2011). Application of Lean Six Sigma in Healthcare Management & Engineering Integration, Vol. 4. 2011. Application of Lean Six Sigma in Healthcare, 2011
- Whittington, J., Nankivell, K., and Colwell, J., (2010). Meeting Student and Industry Needs Through Experiential Learning and Soft Skills Study in Computer Graphics, Technology Interface International Journal Volume 11, Number 1 (ISSN: 1523-9926)
- Kim, Minkwan and Lee, Joo Hyoung. (2011). Study on Nonlinear Pavement Responses of Low Volume Roadways Subject to Multiple Wheel Loads. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, Lithuanian Academy of Sciences. 17(1): 45-54.
New Edition of Book (reflects software update and country editions) (13)
- Tickoo, S. (2011). AutoCAD 2012: A Problem Solving Approach. USA: Cengage, ISBN:1111648506
- Tickoo, S. (2011). AutoCAD 2011: A Problem Solving Approach. (Indian Edition): 978-93-5004-064-5
- Tickoo, S. (2011). Autodesk Inventor 2012 for Designers. USA: CADCIM, ISBN:978-1932709-98-8
- Tickoo, S. (2011). AutoCAD LT 2010 for Designers. USA: CADCIM, ISBN: 978-1-932709-14-2
- Tickoo, S. (2011). CATIA V5R21 for Designers. USA: CADCIM, ISBN: 978-1-932709-13-5
- Tickoo, S. (2011). CATIA V5R20 for Engineers and Designers (Indian Edition), ISBN 978-93-5004-063-8
- Tickoo, S. (2011). NX7 for Engineers and Designers. (Indian Edition), ISBN: 978-93-5004-054-6
- Tickoo, S. (2011). Solid Edge ST3 for Engineers and Designers. (Indian Edition), ISBN: 978-93-5004-102-4
- Tickoo, S. (2011). SolidWorks 2011 for Designers. USA: CADCIM, ISBN: 978-1-932709-93-3
- Tickoo, S. (2011). SolidWorks 2011 for Engineers and Designers (Indian Edition), ISBN 978-93-5004-180-2
- Tickoo, S. (2011). SolidWorks 2010 for Designers (Serbian Edition)
- Tickoo, S. (2011). Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 for Engineers and Designers. (Indian Ed), ISBN: 978-93-5004-044-7
- Tickoo, S. (2011). Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 for Designers. (South Korean Edition)
Refereed Conference Proceedings (22)
- Agrawal, J.P., Farook, O., Haleem, A., (2011). SunFlower: Microcontroller Controlled Sun-Tracking Solar Panel [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Agrawal, J.P., Sekhar, C.R., David, R., (2011). RFID Based Permitted Entry System [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Calix, R. A.; Khazaeli, M.; Javadpour, L; Knapp, G.; Dimensionality Reduction and Classification Analysis on the Audio Section of the SEMAINE Database, In Proceedings of the Humane Association Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2011), Memphis, Tennessee, Oct. 9-12, 2011, (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2011, Volume 6975/2011, 323-331)
- Colwell, J., Whittington, J., and Jenks, C., (2011) Writing Challenges for Graduate Students in Engineering and Technology, 2011 Annual Conference & Exposition American Society for Engineering Education Vancouver, Canada
- Do, P.; Moreland, J.; Korchek, D.; Innovative Applications of 3D Multimodal Visualizations in Engineering and Technology Education as a Function of Memory Rehearsal, ASEE St. Lawrence Section, Albany NY, USA, 2011
- E. Sobanski, B. Nicolai, “Mobility of a Disaster Recover Communication System”, IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), Technology for the Benefit of Humanity, Sponsored by IEEE Seattle Section and IEEE Region 6, Seattle WA, Oct.20-Nov.01, 2011
- E. Sobanski, B. Nicolai, “The Need for Warehouse Information In a Disaster Recovery Communication System,” IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), Technology for the Benefit of Humanity, Sponsored by IEEE Seattle Section and IEEE Region 6, Seattle WA, Oct.20-Nov.01, 2011
- Farook, O., Sekhar, C.R., Agrawal, J.P., Ahmed, Ashfaq, Bouktache, E., (2011). Computer Engineering Technology Program: A Curriculum Innovation Initiative [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Fathizadeh, M., Zahraee, M., Neff, G., Hossain, A., Higley, J., Latif, N., (2011). New Mechatronics Engineering Technology Degree with Industry Collaboration. IGIP International Symposium on Engineering Education, Baixada Santista, Brazil
- Hossain, A., Rasheduzzaman, M. (2011). Integrating Servomotor Concepts into Mechatronics Engineering Technology Curriculum Emphasizing High Speed Packaging Machinery [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Jin, G., Nicolai, B., Jiang, K., Winer, C. (2011). Distributed image processing and classification for GIS based disaster management and communication system. COM. Geo, 2011:27
- Johnson, J., Kovach, R., and Roberson, P., (2011). Putting Experiential Learning into Practice: Using Kolb as an Action Learning Model for Implementing Organizational Change, International Consortium for Experiential Learning, Santiago, Chile
- Kim, Minkwan and Lee, Joo Hyoung (Corresponding Author). (2011). Study on Nonlinear Pavement Responses of Low Volume Roadways Subject to Multiple Wheel Loads. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, Lithuanian Academy of Sciences. 17(1): 45-54
- Koldenhoven, D., and Pena, J., (2011) Determination of Oxygen Diffusion Coefficient in Concrete by Electrochemical Methods. Proceedings of the 24th Annual Undergraduate Research Conference. Butler University, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Mozammel, A., Mapa, L., Scachitti, S., (2011). Applications of Lean Six Sigma in Healthcare-A Graduate Level Directed Project Experience [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Nakayama, S., and Jin, G. (2011). Enhancement of Hazards Identification and Control in Engineering Technology through Interdepartmental Collaboration. Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration (CIEC 2011), February 2-4, 2011, San Antonio, TX
- Ocon, R., Nakayama, S., and McFarlane, O., (2011). Creativity and Workplace Safety: Proactive Safety Practices are Vital in Preventing Employee Injuries. American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference. Vancouver, B.C. June 26-29, 2011.
- Latif, N., Wilson, N. (2011). Industry Education Partnership: Mechatronics Engineering Technology Program Development. [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Rosul, B., Latif, N., Zahraee, M., Sikoski, A., (2011). Modular Curriculum Development for Mechatronics Technicians [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Sekhar, C.R., Farook, O., & Agrawal, J.P. (2011). A Course on Biomedical Instrumentation Utilizing Laboratory Based on System Design Approach [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Tickoo, S. (2011). Wind Turbine for Automobiles [CDROM]. Conference Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, B.C.
- Ware, C. and Colwell, J. (2011) Emergency Notification Systems in Industry: A Research-Based Process for Selection, Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration (CIEC) February 2011 San Antonio TX
Technical Reports/Trade Journal Articles (9)
- Fathizadeh, M., (2011). Mechatronics is the Future, Despite the Global Economic Slowdown, Packaged Goods Sell Briskly. Packaging World. Volume 19(1), 42.
- Gregory, A., (2011) “Theory of Location and Surveyor Reports” for Wabash Valley Chapter of the Indiana Society of Professional Land Surveyors. Presented as a seminar for continuing education credits for professional land surveyors, Anderson, Indiana
- Higley, J., (2011). Bundling System Operational Manual. Glenwood, IL: Morrison Container Handling Solutions. A 40 page manual describing the operation of a complex packaging system.
- Higley, J., Sanetti, S., (2011). In Memorium Roy Melcher. American Rifleman. 159 (10), 28. A short article describing Roy’s contributions to the small arms industry.
- Higley, J., Gurney, M., (2011). The 77/2 as a Training Rifle. Precision Shooting Magazine, 58(9), 86-89.
- Jenks, C. (Arbitrator) Cemex, Inc. vs. International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers, Local D-357, FMCS 10/58056-8, Labor Relations Reporter, Vol. 128, No. 28, 128LA 1281-1344, (1301), April 20,2011
- Jenks, C. (Arbitrator), CLS Behring LLC vs. International Chemical Workers Union, Council of the UFCW, FMCS 100607/56029-A, Labor Relations Reporter, Vol. 129, No. 2, 129 LA 65-96 (87), July 13, 2011
- Jenks, C. (Arbitrator), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Milwaukee vs. WFNHP Veterans Affairs Staff Nurse Council, Local 5032 AFT, FMCS 10/54368-8, Labor Relations Reporter, Vol. 129, No. 23, 129 LA 1089-1120 ( 1099), December 7, 2011
- Zahraee, M., (2011). A report submitted to: G & N Aircraft Inc., Griffith, IN regarding: Engine Failure Inspection and Analysis (with Mapa, L.).
Journal Editorship (1)
- Associate Editor, the IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (Jiang)
International Conference – Keynote Speech/Invited Speaker (1)
- Latif, N., Invited Keynote Speaker, “Quality Assurance in Engineering Education” presented at the 1st ICMERE (1st International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Renewable Energy), 22-24 December 2011, Chittagong, Bangladesh
Awards and Recognitions
- Purdue University Calumet was recognized for the 2nd year in a row as the Best University for a Technology Degree, according to Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly magazine, Spring 2011.
Faculty and Staff
- SOT Outstanding Faculty for Graduate Education (Nicolai, B.)
- SOT Outstanding Faculty for Undergraduate Education (Pena, J.)
- Dr. Lash Mapa has earned an American Society for Quality Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (ASQ-CSSBB). Six Sigma is an organized methodology that utilizes information and statistical analysis to measure and improve an enterprise’s operational performance, practices and systems.
- Purdue University Calumet’s Student Employee of the Year (Marczewski, B.)
- School of Technology’s Outstanding Student Worker (Fishback, T.)
- A team of Purdue Calumet engineering and technology students placed fifth nationally—the best finish in university history—in the College Division of 2011 Spring’s 18th annual NASA Great Moonbuggy Race.
- For the third year in a row the School of Technology student team was among the top three winners at a National design collegiate competition at the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) annual trade show, Pack EXPO, in Las Vegas.
Externally-funded Grant Awards (8) $91,677 (Data provided by PUC SPS office)
- Jiang, K. – Roll Shop Program - $ 955
- Jiang, K. – Roll Shop Program – $ 2,882
- Jin, G. – Real-time Affective State Detection from Facial Images – $ 8,000
- Winer, C. – Adv the Successful IT Student Through Enhanced Computation – $ 28,810
- Pena, J. – Corrosion Inhibition of Steel Structures through the Use of – $ 8,000
- Zahraee, M. – The High school STEM Teacher Synergistic Institute – $ 28,500
- Mapa, L – ARPAC Tunnel Energy Efficiency Study – $ 8,372
- Mapa, L – Testing of MCE-3400 and RTA – $ 6,158
Internally-Funded Awards (6) $11,500 (Data provided by PUC SPS office)
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) (Ahmed) $1,500
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) (2 Separate Awards) (Farook) $3,000
- Undergraduate Research Project Grants (Farook) $1,000
- Undergraduate Research Project Grant (Farook and Sekhar) $1,000
- PUC Faculty Research Time Release 2011 awarded for the Fall 2011 Semester (Kim) $2500
- Undergraduate Research Project Grants (5 separate awards) (Pena) $2,500
Continuing Education Activities (3) $108,346 (Data provided by PUC AOTC office)
- Apprenticeship Contract with BP (Zahraee, Rickerson, Higley) $92,500
- AOCT course CET 40200,Spring 2011 (Gregory) $6916
- AOCT course CET 40400, Fall 2011 (Gregory) $8930
Sitting on the Boards of Professional Societies (Nationally) (15 )
- 2012 Polytechnic Summit Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, Georgia, Planning Committee – Member Program Committee (Ahmed)
- American Society of Engineering Education, Graduate Studies Division, Secretary-Treasurer (Colwell)
- Executive Board of Engineering Technology Division of ASEE, Annual Conference Program Chair (Farook)
- Engineering Technology Leadership Institute, Chair of Executive Council (Gregory)
- National Society of Professional Surveyors – Trig Star Committee (Vice Chair/Secretary) (Gregory)
- Panelist for NSF S-STEM Grant Proposal Panel Review (Hossain)
- National Mediation Board (Arbitration Panel) (Jenks)
- Social Security Administration / American Federation of Government Employees (Arbitration Panel) (Jenks)
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (Labor Panel) (Jenks)
- Member, International Committee, Intl Conf. on Networking and Distributed Computing (ICNDC 2011) (Jiang)
- Director, Engineering Technology Council (Latif)
- ACI Committee on Sustainability of Concrete (Pena)
- ACI Committee on Materials and Properties of Concrete – Durability of Concrete (Pena)
- ACI Committee on Materials and Properties of Concrete – Corrosion of Metals in Concrete (Pena)
- MTM Association, Board of Directors (Scachitti)
Development Contributions $194,367 (Data provided by PUC Advancement office)
Cash Gifts (10) $86,728 (Data provided by PUC Advancement office)
- Endowment for Sori Family Scholarship,(Gregory) $25,000
- Endowment for Nick and Nancy Wilson Mechatronics Engineering Technology Laboratory (Latif) $25000
- Mass Electric Construction Company, Lab Sponsorship ANDR 250, Value: (Gregory) $13,125
- PMMI Scholarship Funds (Higley) $8,000
- Pat Sharkey Memorial Scholarship Funds (Higley) $1,000
- Charles Award (Scachitti) $1,200
- Construction Science and Organizational Leadership Misc. Cash Gifts: $7233
- Computer Information Technology and Graphics Misc. Cash Gifts: $325
- Engineering Technology Misc. Cash Gifts $2235
- School of Technology Misc. Cash Gifts $3610
Gifts-in-Kind (2) $107,639 (Data provided by PUC Advancement office)
- Software grant from No Magic, (Winer) $97,639
- General Motors Risk Assessment Worksheet and Software (Nakayama) $10,000
New Approved Graduate Courses /Certificates programs (8) (Data provided by PUC Graduate office)
- Lean Six Sigma Graduate Certificate program - S. Scachitti
- Database Integration Technology Graduate Certificate program - B. Nicolai
- IET 51000 - Product & Process Development - L. Mapa
- IT 53500 - Global Supply Chain Management - L. Mapa
- IET 52000 - Enterprise Quality Planning - L. Mapa
- IET 57000 - Sustainability Engineering - L.Mapa
- ITS 56600 - Database Object-Oriented Modeling and Arch. - B. Nicolai
- ITS 56800 - Database Application Integration - B. Nicolai
New Mode of Delivery of Existing Courses (6)
- MET 23000 – Fluid Power - G. Neff - synchronous distance delivery
- MET 49700 – Senior Project - J. Higley - converted to hybrid format
- IT 50700 – Measure & Eval in Ind Tech - M. Zahraee - delivered in hybrid format
- MET 11800 – Applied Mechanics-Statics - M. Zahraee – modularized synchronous distance delivery
- MET 32900 – Applied Heat Transfer – C. Engle – Lecture-based to lecture-lab based course
- ITS 14000 – Intro to Comp. Algorithm/Logic – K. Jiang – Scenario-based approach
Courses Delivered for the First Time (7)
- ECET 33000 – Industrial Programming, Networking – A. Hossain
- OLS 48300 – Common Law of the Workplace – C. Jenks
- CET 30900 – Principles of Highway Construction – J. Lee
- ET 10000 – Intro. to Engineering Technology – G. Neff
- TECH 57800 – Energy Resource Management – M. Fathizadeh
- ECET 55400 – Hybrid & Battery Technology – M. Fathizadeh
- TECH 58100-12 – Mobile Application Development – K. Jiang