- The nominee must be a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member with a teaching FTE of at least 0.50 at Purdue University Calumet for the academic year prior to nomination.
- The teaching FTE for the year in which the person is nominated must equal at least 0.50.
- Faculty may be nominated by other faculty, or may nominate themselves for this award. The nominee must be willing to have his/her name placed in nomination.
- The nominee must not have won the COT Outstanding Faculty Award for Undergraduate Education during the three years preceding the nomination. Nominators should feel free to resubmit previous nominations. COT Outstanding Faculty Awards Selection Committee members who nominate other faculty will not have a vote in the category from which they have submitted a nomination.
- The emphasis for this award is placed on outstanding teaching, mentoring or research efforts in the undergraduate programs.
- Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of a dossier not more than two pages documenting outstanding contributions to undergraduate education. The dossier should provide specific evidence of outstanding performance in one or more, not necessarily all, of the categories listed below:
- Commitment to academic excellence through innovative instructional delivery and/or development of undergraduate instructional programs.
- Attention to individual student needs, interests, and development through such items as job placement, acquisition of senior design projects, industry contacts, or recruiting.
- Advising and mentoring of students.
- Involvement of students in research, scholarship, and professional development.
- Consideration of classroom teaching in courses in which students are enrolled for
- Scholarly work and/or research and grant activity for undergraduate courses or programs.
This list should not be considered exhaustive or restrictive.
The Awards Selection Committee will consider any and all outstanding contributions to undergraduate and/or professional education described by the materials provided. The magnitude of an outstanding contribution in one area may compensate for little contribution in other areas.
The completed nomination packages will be reviewed by the Awards Selection Committee. The Awards Selection Committee will consist of three faculty members, one from each department, who were past recipients of the awards, beginning with the most recent recipient, and three faculty members, one from each department, selected by each Department Head. The Committee Chair will be selected by the Committee members during the first meeting. The Committee will use the above criteria, along with quality nominating materials, for selecting the award recipient.
Nomination Due: February 9, 2015
Award to be Announced: College of Technology Spring Convocation
Submission for Awards: March 2, 2015