School of Technology
|Joseph L. Angel
Packaging World Magazine
|Michael J. Douglas
Global Health & Safety, Design/Standards/Technologies
General Motors Corporation
|Maria A. Ferrante
Vice President, Education and Workforce Development
Morrison Container Handling Solutions
Professional Achievement Citation in Engineering Received
|Robert E. Johnson III
Market Development Manager
B&R Industrial Automation
Triangle Package Machinery Co.
Construction Advancement Foundation
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Oystar Jones & Co., Inc.
|George H. Sehi, Ph.D. Executive Dean Sinclair Community College Courseview Campus||
The Dean’s Executive Council (DEC) helps the School of Technology accomplish its goal of meeting the commitments of the School’s mission and vision. This includes the following:
- Advise on issues related to the learning, discovery and engagement mission of the School of Technology. Provide feedback to the School on overall subject matter relevancy in today’s workplace environment to ensure that scholastic teachings keep pace with business and technological evolutions.
- Initiate and develop mutually beneficial partnerships between the School of Technology and business, industry and government.
- Develop resources in the form of scholarships, endowments and gifts for program, student and faculty development in the School of Technology.
- Provide opportunities for internships and co-op positions for School of Technology students and provide employment opportunities for the School’s graduates.
- Contribute in some financial manner to the School of Technology. This can be in a variety of capacities, e.g., grants, scholarships, work projects, etc.
Membership and Duration of Service
The number of members serving on the Council shall be maintained at, and shall not exceed, 12 members. Each Council member will serve a three-year term, unless shortened or extended based upon needs expressed by the Council member or the School.
The Dean’s Executive Council shall meet twice per year. It is recommended that at least one meeting be held during Technology Day in the Spring semester.
Next Scheduled Meeting
Thursday, April 25, 2013, noon-3pm.
Location to be announced