Elected to National Position

Dr. Niaz Latif, Professor and Dean, School of Technology and Dean, Graduate School, has been elected to the Board of Directors for the Engineering Technology Council (ETC) of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). ASEE is the national organization that speaks for engineering technology education and is committed to promoting quality education and creative endeavors in engineering technology.

The Engineering Technology Council is composed of a representative from each of the technical college members of the Society as well as a representative from interested affiliated college members. Prof. Thomas M. Hall, Jr., ASEE Vice President, Institutional Councils, Chair, Engineering Technology Council, said; “I was delighted that Dr. Latif was elected by his peers to become a Director for the Engineering Technology Council.  I have known Niaz for several years in a variety of leadership positions within the Engineering Technology community nationwide.  I have always been impressed with his willingness to contribute to the betterment of our profession.  Even more so, I am impressed with his wisdom.  When Niaz speaks, you want to listen.  For this reason, I believe, he was chosen to help lead the Engineering Technology Council.  On the personal side, I look forward to working with him for the next two years on the ETC Board.”

Dr. Latif will join the Board of Directors at the ASEE Annual Conference that begins on June 20, 2010 in Louisville, KY.