College of Technology
|Joseph L. Angel
President and CEO
Summit Media Group, Inc.
|Michael J. Douglas
Global Health & Safety, Design/Standards/Technologies
General Motors Corporation
|Maria A. Ferrante
Vice President, Education and Workforce Development
Morrison Container Handling Solutions
|Robert E. Johnson III
Market Development Manager
B&R Industrial Automation
Triangle Package Machinery Co.
Construction Advancement Foundation
|Peter M. Nau
Hammond Machine Works, Inc.
| Timm Johnson
Vice President Sales/Marketing
Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery Inc.
CEO – Food
Avure Technologies, Inc.
Director, Technical Support Group
|George H. Sehi, Ph.D.
Executive Director for University Relations
Butler&Warren Counties Educational Service
The Dean’s Executive Council (DEC) helps the College of Technology accomplish its goal of meeting the commitments of the College’s mission and vision. This includes the following:
- Advise on issues related to the learning, discovery and engagement mission of the College of Technology. Provide feedback to the College on overall subject matter relevancy in today’s workplace environment to ensure that scholastic teachings keep pace with business and technological evolutions.
- Initiate and develop mutually beneficial partnerships between the College of Technology and business, industry and government.
- Develop resources in the form of scholarships, endowments and gifts for program, student and faculty development in the College of Technology.
- Provide opportunities for internships and co-op positions for College of Technology students and provide employment opportunities for the College’s graduates.
- Contribute in some financial manner to the College of Technology. This can be in a variety of capacities, e.g., grants, scholarships, work projects, etc
Membership and Duration of Service
The number of members serving on the Council shall be maintained at, and shall not exceed, 12 members. Each Council member will serve a three-year term, unless shortened or extended based upon needs expressed by the Council member or the School.
The Dean’s Executive Council shall meet twice per year. It is recommended that at least one meeting be held during Technology Day in the Spring semester.
Next Scheduled Meeting
Thursday, April 24, 2014 from Noon – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Anderson Building, Room 247