The program consists of 33 hours:
- Three core courses (9 credit hours)
- IT 50700 Measurement and Evaluation in Industry & Technology,
- IT 50800 Quality and Productivity in Industry & Technology, and
- TECH 64600 Analysis and Research in Industry and Technology;
- Four primary area courses (12 credit hours) in the area of concentration
- Three courses in technical electives (9 credit hours)
- Two options for the final 3 credit hours
- A directed project which is a research-based written report focusing on applied research
- Elective credits with approval of advisor
It is suggested but not required that students take the following technical electives: Leadership & Ethics; Project Management; and Technology from a Global Perspective. Depending on the focus of the student’s plan of study, other courses may be substituted for these, including courses from other graduate programs on campus.
Degree Checklist Outline
This form is not the official required form (GS-6) for your graduate plan of study, it is merely an aid for you to keep track of your program.
Electronic Plan of Study (EPOS)
After discussion with your advisor and selecting your graduate committee members, but no later than end of your 2nd semester, complete your electronic plan of study (EPOS).
Interested students should contact Prof. Mohammad A. Zahraee, Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies in the School of Technology, at 219-989-2464, email@example.com, for further information about the program and the plan of study.