Adapted from Learnmore.org’s “need to know” web resource
- Set up an appointment with Ms. Maxfield to complete an interest assessment and find out about upcoming ETS activities/workshops.
- Receive Skillstutor access and information on FREE face-to-face tutoring.
- Focus on your classes and stay on top of homework assignments.
- Explore taking Alegbra I in 8th grade.
Find the right fit
- Explore careers.
- Get involved.
- Join clubs, play sports, explore the arts and volunteer – great ways to expand your career interests and prepare for future scholarship opportunities.
- Start thinking about college NOW.
- Explore Indiana’s public universities and private colleges.
- Ask to visit universities or a college fair in your area. It’s never too early to start gathering information.
- Apply for 21st Century Scholars now to help pay for college later.
- Complete Making it Count to determine a sound strategy for college financial planning.
- Do the Ready for the Real World activity to test your financial savvy.
- If you don’t have one, request your Social Security number by visiting Social Security Online.
Be a pain, in a good way
- Discuss your future plans with Ms. Maxfield, your family, and other adults.
- Bookmark the Educational Talent Search home page to your internet favorites and create a shortcut on your desktop. Visit this page often to find out about latest goings-ons, activities, and events.
- Make sure you have an active email account and on file in the ETS office. Visit yahoo, google mail, or hotmail to set up an account.
- Become an ETS facebook fan and follow us via Twitter.