Adapted from Learnmore.org’s “need to know” web resource
- Set up an appointment with your ETS high counselor to:
- Focus on your classes and stay on top of homework assignments.
- Take the PLAN or PSAT/NMSQT to prepare for the ACT or SAT. Indiana pays for every student to take the PSAT/NMSQT, so check with your counselor about utilizing this opportunity.
- Bookmark the Educational Talent Search home page to your internet favorites and create a shortcut on your desktop. Visit this page often to find out about latest goings-ons, activities, and events.
- Make sure you have an active email account and on file in the ETS office. Visit yahoo, google mail, or hotmail to set up an account.
- Become an ETS facebook fan and follow us via Twitter.
Find the Right Fit
- Set up an appointment with your ETS high school counselor to find out about summer enrichment programs.
- Explore careers.
- Get involved!
- Join clubs, play sports, explore the arts and volunteer.
- Remember to keep a list of involvement and awards or recognitions you receive.
- Start thinking about college now.
- Explore college options
- Update your eprofile.
- Explore Indiana’s public universities and private colleges.
- Contact 5-10 colleges to request information. Learn More has online tools that can assist.
- Make plans to visit a few colleges.
- Attend a college fair.
Put Your Hands on Some Cash
- If you don’t have one, request your Social Security number by visiting Social Security Online or by calling 1-800-772-1213.
- Complete Making it Count to determine a sound strategy for college financial planning.
- Do the Ready for the Real World activity to test your financial savvy.
- Start researching scholarship opportunities.
- Start learning about ways to pay for college.
- Consider getting a part-time job this summer to gain work experience and explore a career path.