The goal of the Adult Services component is to motivate the out-of-school or non-traditional student to enter or re-enter a secondary and/or postsecondary institution. Educational Talent Search serves as a liaison between the adult learner and GED programs. Additional individualized counseling is provided for college admissions and financial aid procedures.
- Gary Middle College – Opening in Fall 2011 to aid students in obtaining diploma and receive college credits.
- Northwest Indiana Literacy sites – Provides assistance for adults interesting in upgrading reading/academic skills.
- Division of Adult Education – Official Indiana state repository for information related to GED preparation.
- GED On TV – Enroll in the Indiana statewide GED ON TV program.
- ICN College Network – Enroll in online classes and programs at these accredited Indiana.
- Skillstutor – Build your academic skill level via this online academic enrichment tool (contact the ETS office for access).
- FAFSA on the web – Apply for a Pell Grant, the nation’s largest public financial aid grant source.
- National Student Loan Data System – A centralized view of Title IV loans and Pell grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or Pell grant data.
- Direct Consolidation Loans – Simplify loan repayment by combining several types of Federal education loans into one new loan.
- Repaying your student loans – Explore available options including request for forbearance, lowering costs, and deferments.
- Educational Tax Credits – Get federal income tax relief and take advantage of education related tax credits and deductions.
- Access Indiana – Check your status for Indiana state financial aid eligibility.
- Scholarship Search – Check out the wide range of scholarship opportunities, both locally and nationally.