Call for Submissions
Student Research Day
Student Research Awards
April 11, 2013
- Award for research project or scholarly activity project
- Graduate and Undergraduate Divisions
- Awards Presented at the PUC Student Research Day, held during the Spring semester. April 11, 2013
- All registered graduate and undergraduate students
- All academic disciplines
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours during the current academic year
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the current academic year
- Student must have worked on the research during the current academic year at PUC or in cooperation with a PUC mentor
- Work from the previous academic year can be submitted
- Research on a particular research project cannot be submitted more than once by a student
- A project may be from an individual student or with other student co-authors, but not a faculty or staff member co-author
- All graduate and undergraduate students who have participated in scholarly research during the spring, summer or fall semesters of 2012 and spring 2013 are encouraged to present their work.
- Students who have received any awards or grants from the Student Research Office in 2012 are required to make a presentation at the event.
- All submissions become the property of PUC. PUC asserts no claim on any intellectual property contained in the submission. Applicants give PUC the right to reveal and/or display submissions, excerpts, or photographs in connection with this competition.
Award Evaluation Procedure
- Student Research Award winners will be selected among the participants based on the two-page written summaries and oral or poster presentations.
- Three awards (first place of $400, second place of $250, and third place of $100) will be given for each of the four categories:
*Undergraduate Oral Presentations *Undergraduate Poster Presentation
*Graduate Oral Presentations *Graduate Poster Presentation
Cover sheet and two-page summary in Word document (single spaced, Times New Roman 12) due by 12:00 noon on February 15, 2013, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your submission as an attachment saved as “SRA Student Last Name”. Please use the attached cover sheet. Please read the attached judging criteria to help students prepare for the written summary and presentation.