National Student Employment Week will be held April 12-18, 2015
Each year, the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) declares a week in April to be National Student Employment Week. While student employment offers students career-enhancing opportunities, they in turn make substantial contributions to the operation of the university. The Career Center encourages hiring supervisors and their departments to celebrate student-employee contributions during National Student Employment Week. Nomination deadline: Friday February 20th 2015.
Nominate an Outstanding Student Employee for Student Employee of the Year
During National Student Employment Week, NSEA member institutions are invited to select a Student Employee of the Year. The institutional winner then has the opportunity to compete at the state, regional, and national levels.
If you have an outstanding student employee, please consider nominating that individual for the Student Employee of the Year award.
Student workers make tremendous contributions to the university. Help us celebrate National Student Employment Week and express your appreciation for their hard work. The guidelines for Student Employee of the Year selection have been established by the National and Midwest Associations of Student Employment Administrators (NSEA/MASEA).
Supervisors must submit the Nomination Form and Nomination Letter by the deadline: Friday February 20th ,2015
A selection committee will review nominations and select a campus winner.
Nominate an Outstanding Supervisor
Student workers also have the opportunity to nominate a campus supervisor whom they feel has done an exceptional job with assisting them in their professional development. Do you have a supervisor that you feel deserves recognition for their hard work and dedication to your department and the university? Then consider nominating them for recognition during this year’s celebration. Complete the Supervisor of the Year nomination form and return it to SUL 349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will be evaluated on the following qualities:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution to a department of the university.
Submit your nomination today! Here’s how:
- Complete the Nomination Form with information about the nominee, as indicated
- Write the optional Nomination Letter describing the nominee’s accomplishments, as indicated on the form. Please use departmental letterhead for your Nomination Letter. The letter can be no longer than two pages. Please note: only one nomination letter will be considered for each nominee.
- Deliver the nomination form and letter to “Coordinator: Student Employee of the Year, Career Services,” SUL 349. Nominations will be accepted via hand-delivery, via campus mail or by email to email@example.com. Nomination forms and letters are due by the deadline date. Nomination deadline is Monday, February 16, 2015. Nominations submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- A selection committee will review nominations and select a campus winner. The campus winner will have an opportunity to be considered for the state, regional, and national award.
NOMINATE YOUR STUDENT EMPLOYEE:
2015 Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Nomination Form
NOMINATE YOUR SUPERVISOR:
2015 Supervisor of the Year Nomination Form
SEOTY Celebration Week Activities are hosted by Student Employment. Click the follow link for ideas for your own celebration. Ideas for celebration
If you have questions regarding this process, please call the Career Center at 219-989-2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the Student Employment home page.