National Student Employment Week will be held April 13-19, 2014
Each year, the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) declares a week in April to be National Student Employment Week. While student employment offers students career-enhancing opportunities, they in turn make substantial contributions to the operation of the university. The Office of Career Services encourages hiring supervisors and their departments to celebrate student-employee contributions during National Student Employment Week. Nomination deadline: Monday, February 24, 2014.
Form for Supervisors to nominate students:
2014 Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Nomination Form
Form for Students to nominate supervisors:
2014 Supervisor of the Year Nomination Form
SEOTY Celebration Week Activities are hosted by Student Employment. Click the follow link for ideas for your own celebration. Ideas for celebration
Nominate an Outstanding Student Employee for Student Employee of the Year
During National Student Employment Week, NSEA member institutions are invited to select a Student Employee of the Year. The institutional winner then has the opportunity to compete at the state, regional, and national levels.
If you have an outstanding student employee, please consider nominating that individual for the Student Employee of the Year award.
Student workers make tremendous contributions to the university. Help us celebrate National Student Employment Week and express your appreciation for their hard work. The guidelines for Student Employee of the Year selection have been established by the National and Midwest Associations of Student Employment Administrators (NSEA/MASEA).
Supervisors must submit the Nomination Form and Nomination Letter by the deadline.
A selection committee will review nominations and select a campus winner.
If you have questions regarding this process, please call Amber Garrett at 219-989-2600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will be evaluated on the following qualities:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution to a department of the university.
Submit your nomination today! Here’s how:
- Access the electronic Nomination Form.
- Print out the Nomination Form and complete it with information about the nominee, as indicated.
- Write the required Nomination Letter describing the nominee’s accomplishments, as indicated on the form. Please use departmental letterhead for your Nomination Letter. The letter can be no longer than two pages. Please note: only one nomination letter will be considered for each nominee.
- Deliver the nomination form and letter to “Coordinator: Student Employee of the Year, Career Services,” SUL 349. Nominations will be accepted via hand-delivery or via campus mail.
- Nomination forms and letters are due by the deadline date. Nomination deadline is Monday, February 24, 2014. Nominations submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- A selection committee will review nominations and select a campus winner. The campus winner will have an opportunity to be considered for the state, regional, and national award.
Back to the Student Employment home page.