The Charlotte R. Riley Child Center is a campus lab school. The Child Center provides preschool and kindergarten programs to children of students, faculty, staff and to the community. The Child Center is NAEYC Accredited, state licensed and recognized as a Paths to Quality (PTQ) Level 4 Center.
The Child Center is an experiential learning program that supports the educational activities and experiences of university students enrolled in early childhood development and other majors such as education, nursing, psychology and child and family studies.
- Applications will be accepted without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin or ancestry, or disability.
- Children enrolled in our preschool program must be at least 3 years of age (toilet-trained) and not more than 6 years of age.
- Children enrolled in the Kindergarten program need to be at least 5 years of age by August 1st.
- The Child Center reserves the right to limit the number of children enrolled in the program for less than 8 hours per week.
- Applications will be taken from student, faculty, and staff of Purdue University and from the community.
- Children are scheduled on a semester basis. Priority placement will be determined based on the applicant’s status as student, faculty, staff, or community and their unique enrollment needs, e.g., full-time, part-time care. Once enrolled in the program, a parent has the priority in the next semester’s enrollment as long as the posted deadline for re-registering is met.
- Children scheduled for up to 55 hours per week will be charged a weekly fee (meals included.)
- Other options include: full day rate (2 or 3 days) and morning half-day (M-F) rate.
Please contact PUC Riley for more information on preschool and kindergarten fees.
|Location||2250 173rd Street, Hammond, IN 46323|
|Hours||Monday- Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|