|Hours||Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.*
Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
*Evening time and day may vary. Please call for details.
The Counseling Center is a comprehensive service established to serve the Purdue University Calumet campus community. The Counseling Center’s mission is to encourage, support, and assist students in their educational pursuit by providing a broad range of psychological counseling and educational services to deal with personal, interpersonal, vocational, and academic issues. Counseling services are provided by licensed mental health professionals and are confidential, as protected by law.
- Addresses personal concerns that may interfere with productive emotional functioning and academic success.
- Personal concerns including: anger management, family and relationship problems, depression, anxiety, and stress, adjustment to college, body image, self esteem and more.
- Career assessment and interpretation of assessment results.
- Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Type Indicator are reliable and valid psychological testing instruments administered and interpreted exclusively by trained and licensed mental health counselors.
- Personal and individualized sessions to explore personality type, interests, work values, interests and skills related to choice of major, career path and the world of work.
- Résumé review and professional job correspondence assistance.
Outreach, Workshops and Seminars:
- National Stalking Awareness
- National Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- National Alcohol Awareness Week & Screening Days
- National Suicide Prevention Week
- National Depression Screening Day
- National Coming Out Day
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- RAINN Day
- World AIDS Day
Information on Mental Health:
Look for the following on the Counseling Center homepage:
Feel free to stop by the Counseling Center to browse and choose from a wide variety of free self-help brochures.