|Location||Student Union & Library-313|
|Hours||Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
About The Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students promotes responsibility and encourages honesty, integrity, and respect among Purdue University Calumet citizens through education, compliance with behavioral standards, and support of individual rights. We are committed to:
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create an ethical and safe environment in which scholarship may flourish.
- Promote good citizenship among students and administer conduct standards in a fair, respectful and equitable manner.
- Disseminate and interpret University regulations and standards to students, faculty, staff, parents, and the general community.
- Promote compliance with the spirit and intent of the Purdue Bill of Students Rights and University Code of Conduct and other regulations and rules.
- Serve as a resource and information agency for students, faculty, staff, parents, and others concerning student rights and standards.
- Guide students toward a greater sense of personal responsibility and mature and ethical behavior that enhances the quality of the University and community environment.
- Provide guidance and educational experiences to assist students in making appropriate choices concerning behavior.
Several publications are available in the office, including but not limited to:
- The Student Bill of Rights
- The Student Handbook
- Grade Appeals Procedures
- Regulations Governing Student Conduct, Disciplinary Proceedings, and Appeals
- Purdue University Calumet Alcohol Policy
- Non-discrimination Policy
- Anti-harassment Policy
- Academic Integrity: A Guide for Students
- Academic Integrity: A Guide for Faculty
- Honor Council Procedures
- Classroom Management Procedures
- Readmission Procedures and Application (Students who have been academically dropped from the University)