Conflict Resolution Process

Steps in the Process

Please visit the Office of the Dean of Students website for more information on Conflict Resolution procedures.

The process for addressing student issues, concerns, or problems is as follows:

Purdue University Calumet seeks to help students with problems at the most appropriate level in the University. Students should proceed through the appropriate department in which the student had the issue, concern or problem as outlined below by following the appropriate chain-of-command. A conflict resolution process can aid in the handling of disruptive students.

Classroom/Academic Issues

Students should discuss classroom issues with their instructor. If unresolved, students should follow the academic-chain-of-command for that department.

Non-class Issue

Students should discuss University issues with the appropriate staff member or supervisor. If unresolved, students should follow the non-academic-chain-of-command for that department.


Students have the opportunity to submit complaints to the Office of Dean of Students at through the Purdue University Calumet complaint webpage. The complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate department. Please contact the Office of Dean of Students for further assistance at (219) 989-4141

Copyrights & Patents

Purdue University Calumet follows the Purdue University system policy. 

Faculty are in the best position to help students understand ownership rights related to outside funding or other support within a specific course. Persons requiring further information regarding this University policy should contact the Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, Stephen Turner, Lawshe-334, (219) 989-2232.

Return to Student Handbook Table of Contents