Are you ready to lead?
Are you part of a student organization and want to learn from a pro how to be a better leader? Do you want to feel more confident and better prepared for your first committee role at your job?
|In October 2011, Student Activities launched a new leadership development series called LeadOrgShape – Training for Life and for Organizations. It’s a unique opportunity that’s free for Purdue Calumet students. The series was created for students to learn to successfully lead committees, organizations, and other groups from successful corporate and community leaders.
Attend all the sessions to get the maximum benefit. Last year’s participants consistently gave LeadOrgShape an “Excellent” or “Very Good” rating. So join us. You owe it to yourself and your future to be a part of LeadOrgShape.
The LeadOrgShape Series will resume this fall. However, we encourage you to register for Student Activities’ 2014 Summer Leadership Conference, a free overnight conference for new and current students. Reservations are limited!
Student Leadership Conference
August 4-6, 2014
Who can attend
Participation is open to all Purdue Calumet students. PUC Student ID required.
Why should you attend?
- Meet corporate and community leaders who will share their expertise and insight
- Build your professional network and collect business cards
- Learn to successfully lead committees, groups and organizations
- Build your Co-curricular transcript and your resume to better compete in a challenging job market
- Attend 80% or more of the LeadOrgShape sessions and receive a special leadership certificate and recognition at Student Activities’ Annual Student Organization Awards Banquet in April
All sessions are held at Griffin Hall, Room 334 (Conference Room) on Fridays from 9:30am to 11:30pm. Check-in is at 9:15am.
What can you expect? Check out our new format.
9:15am – Check-in and learn about community service opportunities
9:30am – Workshop Topic
10:30am – Round-table Discussion and/or Group Activity
11:10am – Co-curricular Transcript
11:20am – Workshop Evaluations
What’s expected of you if you plan to attend?
- Register! It’s required.
- We will NOT accept any walk-ins. We will be providing lunch and our speakers may be providing materials so we need to know the number of people attending.
- Also keep in mind, reservations are limited and registration will close once we reach capacity.
- In most cases, registration for each LeadOrgShape training session will open up three weeks prior to the date of that session.
- Be responsible.
- Good leadership starts with responsibility. So only register if you know for certain you will attend and let us know if you must cancel. If the session fills up, letting us know in advance you’re not coming will allow another student on our waiting list to attend the program.
- Student Activities will not accept a reservation from a student who failed to attend a previous LeadOrgShape session for which he/she registered and who failed to cancel his/her reservation on this website at least 24 hours in advance.
- Be respectful.
- Arrive on time first thing in the morning and return from the break on time.
- Turn off or your cell phone during the program.
- Bring your PUC Student ID. You’ll need it to check in.
- Participate. Feel free to ask questions and collect business cards. The speakers are taking time from their busy schedules to be there for you, so let them know you’re interested in what they have to say.
- Provide feedback. Complete the evaluation forms at the end of each program to let us know how we’re doing and provide suggestions.
Participation is free, however, pre-registration is required. Registration is limited in order to provide the best experience for participants. See the “What’s expected of you if you plan to attend?” section above for details.
Thank you for your interest in the Student Activities’ LeadOrgShape Series – Training for Life and for Organizations.
Call the Office of Student Activities at 219-989-2369 or e-mail Leticia Toma at email@example.com.