Thank you for your interest in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies’ Coffee Hour.
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS) has organized bi-weekly Coffee Hours to provide opportunities for networking, building teams, generating ideas, and Q&A sessions for research and graduate studies.
Coffee Hours have ended for Fall 2014 and will resume in Spring 2015.
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: CLO 154
- 9/4/2014 “Embracing Change: What’s New in ORGS?”
- 9/17/2014 “Research Success Story”
- 10/2/2014 “Centers and Institutes at PUC ”
- 10/15/2014 “From Good Idea to a Successful Proposal: Improving Your Grant Writing Skills” – WL workshop * Held in Powers 123, CIVS Theater
- 11/5/2014 “ Understanding IRB: In Classroom, Laboratory, and Beyond”
- 12/1/2014 “Interacting with funding agencies and funding opportunities at NIST” * Held in Powers 123, CIVS Theater
- 2014 Spring Coffee Hour Flyer (PDF)
- April 29th: “Writing a Grant Proposal” – Niaz Latif (PPT)
- April 8th: “Interdisciplinary Research Opportunities” – Chenn Zhou (PDF)
- April 8th: NSF-TUES Grant – 2013-2015 “Integrating Virtual 3D Lab Modules for Flood Modeling Studies in Civil Engineering Curriculum” – Chandramouli Viswanathan (PPT)
- March 25th: Successful Techniques for Recruiting Graduate Students (PPT)
- February 19th: Successful Strategies for Acquiring Funding: “Secrets” of A.I.R. – George Hong (PPT)
- February 5th: The Scientific Approach to Commercializing Innovation – Kelly Schwedland
- 2013 Fall Coffee Hour Flyer (PDF)
- 2013 Spring Coffee Hour Flyer (PDF)