Thank you for your interest in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies’ Coffee Hour.
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS) has organized bi-weekly Coffee Hours to provide opportunities for networking, building teams, generating ideas, and Q&A sessions for research and graduate studies.
Continue your path to success by joining the Office of Research and Graduate Studies during one of the Coffee Hours during the Spring Semester. Faculty from several colleges and with much grantsmanship experience will share their success stories. Coffee, tea, and cookies will be provided. We hope to see you there!
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 02/04/2015 “Proposal Development Strategies and Tips”
- Melissa Higgason, Developing Proposal timeline
- Dr. Charlie Tseng, Key Proposal Components
- Dr. Karen Bishop-Morris, Creating a One Page Summary
- 02/25/2015 “Faculty Success Stories — Winning Highly Competitive National Science Foundation (NSF) Grants”
- 03/19/2015 “Graduate School Event ”
- 04/07/2015 “Faculty Research and Scholarship Success in the College of LASS”
- 2014 Spring Coffee Hour Flyer (PDF)
- April 29th: “Writing a Grant Proposal” – Niaz Latif (PPT)
- April 8th: “Interdisciplinary Research Opportunities” – Chenn Zhou (PDF)
- April 8th: NSF-TUES Grant – 2013-2015 “Integrating Virtual 3D Lab Modules for Flood Modeling Studies in Civil Engineering Curriculum” – Chandramouli Viswanathan (PPT)
- March 25th: Successful Techniques for Recruiting Graduate Students (PPT)
- February 19th: Successful Strategies for Acquiring Funding: “Secrets” of A.I.R. – George Hong (PPT)
- February 5th: The Scientific Approach to Commercializing Innovation – Kelly Schwedland
- 2013 Fall Coffee Hour Flyer (PDF)
- 2013 Spring Coffee Hour Flyer (PDF)