Wednesday 10/15: One-on-One Proposal Development Consultations
One-on-one proposal development consultations with Research Development staff from the Purdue West Lafayette Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships Office (EVPRP). Proposal development specialists will be on the Calumet campus on Wednesday, October 15th from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM for individual consultations with faculty and staff who are developing or plan to develop proposals for external funding. Their staff will present at the ORGS Coffee Hour from noon to 1:00 pm in Powers 123, and the one-on-one consultations will follow, by appointment only. Proposal development consultations will include discussing: agency solicitation requirements, proposal preparation timeline, flow of storyline, responsiveness of specific proposal sections, and proposal organization.
To schedule an appointment, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 7th.
1. Your proposal ideas, or summary (2-3 paragraphs), or draft with a link to the proposal solicitation, if identified
2. Times between the hours of 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM on October 15th that you are NOT available to meet with a development specialist
Limited spaces are available. Please contact email@example.com early to reserve an appointment.
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: CLO 154
- Thursday, Sept. 4 “Embracing Change: What’s New in ORGS?”
- Wednesday, Sept. 17 “Interdisciplinary Research Success Stories”
- Thursday, Oct. 2 “Centers and Institutes at PUC “
- Wednesday, Oct. 15 “From Good Idea to a Successful Proposal: Improving Your Grant Writing Skills”
- Wednesday, Nov. 5 “Understanding IRB: In The Classroom, Laboratory, and Beyond”
- Tuesday, Nov. 25 “Interacting with Funding Agencies for Improved Proposal Success”
PUC Faculty Summer Research Grant - $3,000 each
- Call: January 29
- Submission Deadline: March 20
Purdue Calumet Faculty Proposal Development Grant – Spring Call - $2,500 each
- Call: February 19
- Submission Deadline: March 27
PRF Summer Faculty Grant - $8,000 per faculty – (3-4 awards per year – based on PRF funding)
- Call: February 26
- Submission Deadline: April 14 WL must be informed no later than May 8th of the recipients.
PRF International Travel Grant – Spring Call – About 7 awards at $1,000 per award
- Call: March 24
- Submission Deadline: April 17
PRF International Travel Grant – Fall Call - About 7 awards at $1,000 per award
- Call: October 6
- Submission Deadline: November 7
Purdue Calumet Faculty Proposal Development Grant – Fall Call - $2,500 each
- Call: October 14
- Submission Deadline: November 11