The Tutoring Center is staffed with over 70 faculty recommended student tutors who have demonstrated proficiency in the courses they tutor and maintain an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Free tutoring sessions in most university subjects are scheduled throughout the semester. For information on obtaining tutoring in subjects not listed on the schedule, please contact the Tutoring Center at 219-989-3227.
At ARC, we offer two types of tutoring. Click the links below to find out more.
What to expect in tutoring sessions:
- You can schedule tutoring appointments in advance with your tutor or walk in to any of the open lab sessions as seen on schedules.
- Sessions are very interactive, and tutors will lead you in doing your own work.
- Tutors will help you to become an independent, confident learner.
- Tutors will help you structure your work, and they can help you discover your learning style.
What NOT to expect in tutoring sessions:
- Tutors will not do your work for you. They will not write, edit, or proofread your papers, and they will not give you answers, but will help you find your own answers.
- Tutors will not re-teach the course material. You must attend class, do the assigned reading, and take notes to receive tutoring.
- Tutors will not be available only for study sessions before exams. You are expected to meet with your tutor every week.