Delegation of Administrative Authority and Responsibility for Information Assurance, Security, and Awareness (PUC-4)
Volume PUC: Calumet
Issuing Office: VCIS
Responsible Officer: Vice Chancellor for Information Services
Responsible Office: VCIS
Originally Issued: August 25, 2003
Calumet Revision: December 16, 2011
Table of Contents
Statement of Policy Who Should Know This Policy Contacts Related Documents History and Updates
The following specific assignments of administrative authority and responsibility are hereby delegated to the Vice Chancellor for Information Services at the Purdue Calumet campus to assist and act for the Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor for Information Services shall:
1. Have responsibility for:
- Implementation of effective and practical technology groups and processes to secure the network and computing infrastructure of the University.
- Development and implementation of a security awareness program to be offered periodically to all University faculty, staff and students.
- Development of a risk assessment procedure to be used for ongoing monitoring of all University systems.
- Development of global, effective and practical University policies, procedures, guidelines and best practices related to information assurance and security.
2. Have authority to disconnect any device or disable any account if it is believed that either is involved in compromising the information security of the University until such time it is demonstrated that the device or account no longer poses a threat. Devices will not be disconnected without consultation with agreed upon departmental or unit officials, unless a critical situation exists (i.e., serious vulnerability, denial of service, worm or virus attack) and organization officials cannot be contacted quickly.
3. Have authority to stop application development or deployment efforts if it is found during a Risk Assessment that the impact of a particular threat will compromise the information security of the University until a remedy is implemented to reduce or eliminate the impact of that threat.
In all instances, administration and approvals shall be in accordance with existing laws, policies and regulations of the University as set forth in the Indiana statutes, the University Code, the Business Procedures Manual and the By-Laws and actions of The Trustees of Purdue University. Deviation from these policies will require advance written approval by the Chancellor of Purdue University Calumet, and, as appropriate, by the President of Purdue University.
This policy is written under the authority of the Purdue system-wide policy WL-4 where stated as follows:
“On each of Purdue’s regional campuses, the Chancellor shall be responsible for implementing and administering similar Delegation of Administrative Authority and Responsibility for Information Assurance, Security and Awareness.”
- Vice Chancellors
- Directors/Department Heads/Chairs
- Administrative and Professional Staff
- Principal Investigators
- Business Office Staff
- All Employees
- Clerical and Service Staff
- Graduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
- All others with access to Purdue University Calumet IT resources
Questions or concerns related to this policy.
|Office of the Chancellor||(219) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office of the Vice Chancellor for Information Services||(219) email@example.com|
|Information Security and Awareness||(219) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Delegation of Administrative Authority and Responsibility for Information Assurance, Security, and Awareness (WL-4)
December 16, 2011: Policy number changed to PUC-4 for Calumet Campus. Added reference to Policy WL-4.
November 18, 2011: Policy number changed to WL-4 (formerly V.1.1).
Email addresses updated for domain change August 16, 2011
Contacts updated January 27, 2010.