Will the Search be Waived?
|Determine Recruitment Plan|
|[links title_li="" categorize="0" category="455" orderby="id" echo="0"]|
In order to achieve equal access and equal employment opportunity, it is generally necessary to post all positions.
There are a few concretely defined circumstances under which a waiver of posting may be permitted.
Instances in which waivers may be permitted include:
- A current Purdue University Calumet employee whose position is being eliminated due to a reduction-in-force.
- The unit has secured a candidate with “special distinction” (i.e., rare expertise in a specialized field, internationally renowned).
- This position will exist only if this individual with unique education, training, and experience is interested and available.
- The terms of the grant or contract require the appointment of the defined individual.
- As part of the recruitment in another unit on campus, the candidate is a qualified “dual-career” spouse or partner.
In such instances, appropriate documentation must be submitted to HR/Affirmative Action Officer for approval of a waiver of posting. Required documentation includes the following:
- A Position Description,
- A memo from the unit Vice Chancellor justifying the candidate’s selection and stating the reasoning as to why the position should not be posted and a search conducted, and
- A copy of the candidate’s résumé.