Purdue University Calumet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a veteran. Federal legislation has singled out the following groups of racial/ethnic minorities for specific attention: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and two or more races. The University recognizes that the entire academic enterprise is strengthened by enlarging its community of well-qualified individuals and providing role models for its faculty, staff, and students. Indeed, a proactive stance in support of equity and diversity broadens the institution’s cultural richness and enhances its vitality and reputation.
Hiring supervisors are charged with the immediate responsibility for recruiting, supporting, assisting, mentoring, and, thus, retaining employees with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences. Human Resources and the Affirmative Action staff are available to assist and direct supervisors in these activities. Purdue University Calumet, as an academic institution, shares the responsibility of attracting and retaining capable and aspiring individuals, including those from traditionally underrepresented groups. The purpose of this site is to equip all hiring decision makers for all staff vacancies at the University with the means to ensure that every search provides each job seeker with equal access to the entire process and equal opportunity throughout the process.
This site sets forth the required procedures, practices, and requisite forms to use in effectuating Purdue University Calumet’s commitment to these objectives and are to be undertaken for every staff search at all levels of the University. The ultimate goal of the selection process is to positively contribute to the University’s effort to recruit, select, and retain the best candidate for each job.
Recruitment and Selection Process Goals
- To attract highly qualified individuals to Purdue University Calumet
- To provide an equal opportunity for potential job seekers to apply for vacancies
- To systematically collect information about each job seeker’s ability to meet the requirements of the advertised position
- To select a candidate that will be successful in performing the tasks and meeting the responsibilities of the position
- To engage in hiring activities that will result in eliminating the need for benchmarks for women and minorities in particular units
- To emphasize active recruitment of traditionally underrepresented groups (i.e., individuals with disabilities, minority group members, women, and veterans)
Acronyms used throughout site:
HR – Human Resources
HS – Hiring Supervisor
SC – Search Chair
AAO- Affirmative Action Office
*Locked out of your Taleo account? E-mail email@example.com.