The Office of Research and Graduate Studies and the PUC Research Board are pleased to announce the PUC Faculty Summer Research Grant competition for 2014. The intent of these awards is to provide seed money to aid faculty in developing research projects and grants, or advancing research/scholarly works. The specific guidelines for this initiative are listed below.
- Each research grant recipient will receive $3,000.
- The applicant must be a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member.
- The faculty member must be in residence in the 2014-2015 academic year.
The application must contain the following sections:
- Application form (see attached)
- Three-page project summary written in 12 point font that includes:
- Statement/significance of the problem that is:
Clearly written with a strong rationale for addressing
Likely to receive external funding (for grant development projects) or lead to scholarly publication (for research or book projects)
- Brief overview of recent and relevant literature addressing the topic
- Objectives for the project that are quantifiable, challenging, and attainable
- Proposed research/project plan, methods and timeline for completion
- Budget showing how grant funds will be used for the proposed project
- Resume (limited to 2 pages)
- A written statement of support must be provided by the applicant’s Dean and Department Head
- Application materials must be submitted to Sponsored.Programs@purduecal.edu by March 21, 2014
- No hard copy applications will be accepted
- Submit a two-page report by August 31, 2014 to Sponsored.Programs@purduecal.edu at the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Award recipients must deliver a presentation of the results from their summer award on Faculty Research Day
- The PUC Research Board will establish a review committee including faculty representation from each college to evaluate all proposals and make recommendations for funding.
- Preference will be given to junior faculty or faculty who did not receive the Purdue Research Foundation (PRF) summer research grant or PUC summer research grant during summer 2012 and summer 2013.
- Awards will be administered by the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.