The Office of Research and Graduate Studies is accepting applications for the Purdue Calumet Proposal Development Grant for Spring 2015.
The objective of this grant is to support Purdue Calumet faculty members in writing high quality proposals in pursuit of externally funded grants.
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies provides up to $2,500 per award to be used in one of two ways:
- 0.25 FTE time release for the awardee during the spring semester of 2015. Approval from the applicant’s department head or dean must be submitted with the application assuming any costs not covered by the award.
- Proposal development costs for travel, equipment, supplies or student stipends. A budget justification is required.
Applicants must be full-time tenured/tenure-track faculty members at Purdue Calumet during the 2014 – 2015 academic year.
4. APPLICATION DEADLINE:
The application deadline is November 1, 2014. All applicants must fill out an on-line application form available here: ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM. Applications will not be accepted in any other format.
Awardees, without exception, must fulfill the following three (3) requirements.
- Submit a full grant proposal to an external funding agency between the April 1, 2015 and October 31, 2015. Faculty members who cannot submit a proposal to an external agency by October 31, 2015 deadline should consider applying for the Fall 2015 Award which will be announced in the spring semester of 2015.
- Attend monthly meetings to be held during the spring 2015 semester. Monthly meetings with awardees will sustain an environment of formal review of draft proposals, and offer opportunities to meet with experienced peers who have successfully developed external grant proposals.
- Present the scholarly work resulting from the award at Faculty Research and Scholarship Day in the fall of 2015.
6. APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
All applications must be completed electronically by visiting ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM. The following questions must be answered on the application form:
APPLICATION SECTION 1: APPLICANT INFORMATION
1. Full name (Last, First, Middle)
2. Position Title
APPLICATION SECTION 2: PROJECT INFORMATION
5. Project Title
6. List funding received from any internal or external source for this project in the past. Please provide funding source, amount and year)
7. Project start and end dates
8. Name of the funding agency that the developed proposal will be submitted to
9. Link to the funding agency’s RFP to which the applicant will respond
10. Submission deadline
11. Total amount of funding to be requested from the funding agency
APPLICATION SECTION 3: COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
12. Will your research involve the use of Animals, Humans, r-DNA bio-hazard materials, or other regulatory controls? If yes, please provide approval number.
APPLICATION SECTION 4: PROJECT NARRATIVE
13. Attach a project narrative and ensure that the narrative meets all of the following criteria:
- 3 page maximum
- Times New Roman
- Singe spaced
- Font size 12
- 1” Margins
- PLEASE ADDRESS EACH SECTION LISTED BELOW IN YOUR NARRATIVE:
- Statement of the problem, need and objectives
- What you intend to do, methodology, intellectual merit and broader impacts
- Expected outcome and dissemination plan
- Brief description of applicant’s prior activities related to the scholarly work
- Timeline for proposal preparation: Final outcome must be a high quality proposal to be submitted to an external funding agency.
APPLICATION SECTION 5: BUDGET INFORMATION
14. Please provide information on how you intend to use the Purdue Calumet Research Development funds ($2,500) to support and advance your project.
- Release time during academic year (Requires approval from Department Head)
15. Please provide a brief justification for the budget specified above.
APPLICATION SECTION 6: CV
16. Please attach a one page CV
APPLICATION SECTION 7: CERTIFICATIONS
17. Reporting requirements : Please read and check the box acknowledging that you understand:
- All recipients must submit a proposal to an external funding agency between April 1, 2015 and October 31, 2015.
- All recipients must make a presentation of the results from the award at the annual Purdue Calumet Faculty Research and Scholarship Day during the Fall of 2015.
18. If you will be using funds for salary, please provide a PDF copy of your Department Head’s support and approval. This can be a copy of an email from your Department Head.
19. Please sign your full name certifying that all of the information provided is accurate.
Application can be accessed by visiting: ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM.
7. EVALUATION CRITERIA:
Proposals will be evaluated by a review panel selected by the Research Board based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the proposal based on the following ( 70% )
- clearly articulated needs, objectives, and significance
- methodology and timeline are feasible and aligned with the objectives
- intellectual merit, and
- broader impact
- Expected outcome of the Scholarly Work is sound and feasible ( 20% )
- Evidence of prior work toward the grant proposal ( 10% )
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received similar awards in the last two years.
- Preference will be given to proposals that include indirect cost recovery.