Phase II: 2012-13 Call
This is to announce the 2013-2014 PRF International Travel Grant competition for the fiscal year July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014. As in previous years, to accommodate faculty and make it more convenient for eligible faculty to participate, we have split the 2013 fiscal year into two (2) separate competition time frames.
The Second phase will encompass travel dates between July 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. The application deadline is Friday, April 19th, 2013.
- These funds are to assist tenured and tenure-track faculty members in scholarly attainment by providing a portion of the travel costs to those who will have an active role (presenting papers or serving as officials) at a recognized International meeting. Examples of non-eligible travel: Travel to international conferences where you will have no active role (only attending); Travel to meetings convened to discuss research programs; Travel for teaching purposes (overseas university guest lecturer; teaching a course at an international university, etc.); Travel to sabbatical destination.
- The award amount for all grants will be up to $1,000.
- The amount awarded can be used for all approved travel expenses up to the amount of the award – awards are no longer restricted to transportation expenses only.
- Research and tenured or tenure-tracked faculty members must continue in residence on either an academic-year or twelve-month appointment in the following fiscal year to be eligible for a given year’s PRF International Travel Grant.
- These funds are for International travel only. Trips to Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico are treated fiscally as domestic travel and are eligible for direct funding from departmental general funds.
All applicants are required to submit a one-page presentation abstract, along with the application form which briefly describes the benefits of your participation in this meeting to yourself, your department, and to Purdue Calumet. Please submit your application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 19th, 2013. No hard copy applications will be considered. You will receive an email response indicating receipt of your application. The goal is to announce recipients by Mid-May.
The Purdue Calumet Research Board will establish a review committee that will include faculty representation from each school.
Criteria for Selection
The applicant must be attending a recognized international meeting, to which the applicant will be making a substantive contribution, such as presenting a paper or functioning in a documented leadership role for the hosting organization (such as chairing a session).
Attendance at the meeting should have the potential to make a significant contribution to the applicant’s current and/or future professional development or research success.
Payment of Grant Following Award:
Your grant award will be processed using the Purdue “Request for Authority to Travel on University Business” (Form 17), and “Request for Reimbursement of Travel Expense” (Form 25). To receive your PRF International Travel Grant payment, following award, you are asked to contact Maja Marjanovic, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: 219-989-4131.
All recipients of PRF International Travel awards will receive up to $1,000 toward the cost of their approved travel expenses, not just transportation expenses. The total endowment available is quite modest. The program, therefore, should not be regarded as a likely source of support, supplanting established governmental or private sources of travel funds. In cases where partial funding is available from alternative sources, the recipient of a grant may combine the awards to cover the allowable costs of the trip.
All recipients of PRF International Travel awards will be required to submit a one-page report regarding this travel within 30 days of returning from travel. The report must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.