The Office of Research and Graduate Studies is accepting applications for the Purdue Research Foundation (PRF) International Travel Grant to be used between July and December of 2015.
The objective of this grant is to support Purdue Calumet faculty members in traveling to present their high quality scholarly work at an international conference. These funds are for international travel only. Per Purdue travel policy, trips to Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico are considered as domestic and are not eligible.
The Purdue Research Foundation provides up to $2,000 per award to be used to cover portion of the travel costs to take a prominent role (presenting papers or serving as officials) at a recognized international meeting. These funds are for international travel only. Per Purdue travel policy, trips to Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico are considered as domestic and are not eligible.
Applicants must be full-time tenured/tenure-track faculty members at Purdue Calumet during the 2015 – 2016 academic year and must continue in residence on either an academic-year or twelve month appointment in the following fiscal year. The applicant must be attending a recognized international meeting, to which the applicant will be making a substantive contribution, such as presenting a paper or functioning in a documented leadership role for the hosting organization (such as chairing a session). Per Purdue travel policy, trips to Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico are considered as domestic and are not eligible. Examples of non-eligible travel: travel to international conferences where you will have no active role (only attending); travel to meetings convened to discuss research programs; travel for teaching purposes (overseas university guest lecturer, teaching a course at an international university, travel to sabbatical destination, etc.).
4. Application Deadline:
The application deadline is March 31, 2015. All applicants must complete an on-line application form accessible here: Online Application Form. Applications will not be accepted in any other format.
Awardees, without exception, must fulfill the following three (3) requirements.
- The applicant must be attending a recognized international meeting, to which the applicant will be making a substantive contribution, such as presenting a paper or functioning in a documented leadership role for the hosting organization (such as chairing a session).
- All recipients of PRF International Travel awards are required to submit a one-page report regarding their travel within 30 days of returning from travel. The report must be submitted to Maja Marjanovic.
- Present the scholarly work resulting from the award at Faculty Research and Scholarship Day in the fall of 2015.
6. Application Guidelines:
All applications must be completed electronically and can be accessed here: Online Application Form. The following questions must be answered on the application form:
APPLICATION SECTION 1: APPLICANT INFORMATION
- Full name (Last, First, Middle)
- Position Title
APPLICATION SECTION 2: CONFERENCE INFORMATION
- Conference Title
- Conference Location (City and Country)
- Sponsoring Organization
- Purpose of Attending
- Link to Conference Information
- PLEASE ATTACH DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED BELOW IN PDF FORMAT
- Conference presentation acceptance letter
- Paper to be presented
APPLICATION SECTION 3: BUDGET INFORMATION
Please provide information on how you intend to use the PRF International Travel Grant (up to $2,000). Please note that salary is not an eligible expense for this award.
- Air Travel
- Registration and Other Conference Costs
- Presentation Supplies and Materials
- General Travel Expenses
Please provide a brief justification for the budget specified above.
APPLICATION SECTION 4: CERTIFICATIONS
Reporting requirements : Please read and check the box acknowledging that you understand:
- All recipients must submit a one-page report to Maja Marjanovic within 30 days of returning from the conference.
- All recipients must make a presentation of the results from the award at the annual Purdue Calumet Faculty Research and Scholarship Day during the Fall of 2015.
Please sign your full name certifying that all of the information provided is accurate.
Complete an application here: Online Application Form
7. Evaluation Criteria:
Proposals will be evaluated by a review panel selected by the Research Board based on the following criteria:
- Quality and clarity of the presentation/scholarly work described in the application ( 70% )
- Attendance at the meeting should have the potential to make a significant contribution to the applicant’s current and/or future professional development or research success.
- Benefits to the applicant’s department ( 20% )
- Benefits to Purdue Calumet ( 10% )
Preference will be given to applicants who have not received similar awards in the last two years.
Director, Sponsored Programs