Preview on the new Post-9/11 GIBILL
The Post 9/11 Bill is our country’s investment in the deserving men and women who have defended our nation since 9/11. It provides eligible veterans with tuition payments to assist in achieving a college education as outlined in the list that follows.
- Tuition payments equivalent to in-state undergraduate tuition at a public university
- Monthly housing allowance (the acronym is BAH) paid with enrollment of at least seven credit hours each semester.
- Transfer of benefits to dependents with commitment of additional service in Armed Forces (Department of Defense (the acronym is DoD) determines additional service required.
- Up to $1200 for tutorial assistance
- Up to $1000 a year for books and supplies
- Up to $2000 for a license or certification test
- Up to 36 months of benefits undertaken as of August 1, 2009
- Benefits can be used up to 15 years after separation.
Veterans who are 100% eligible under Post-911 GI Bill, who are out-of-state residents, and who are full-time students, may participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. For information on this program, please click on the following url link of GI Bill.