What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a web-based, degree audit review program that allows undergraduate students to monitor progress toward degree completion. Features such as What-If, Look Ahead, GPA Calc, and Planner will help you plan and set goals for on-time graduation. Use Degree Works anytime, from anywhere you access myPUC. It will be especially useful when you are registering for upcoming semesters and to see your progress after grades are posted.
The program requirements displayed in Degree Works were built from department approved degree maps. Degree maps are sample 8-semester plans of study that outline how a full-time student could complete a Bachelor’s Degree in four years for their intended major. Degree maps for all Purdue Calumet majors can be found in the online Academic Catalog.
How can Degree Works help you graduate on time?
- View program requirements and see how your coursework and any transfer credit you have been awarded meet those requirements. (Degree Audit).
- Track your progress toward earning a Bachelor’s degree. (Progress Bar)
- Find out where courses you are considering next semester fit into your degree audit (Look Ahead).
- Build customized class schedules for future semesters all the way through to graduation (Planner).
- Explore and consider other Purdue University Calumet majors, concentrations, or minors (What If).
- Estimate overall GPA based on anticipated end-of-semester course grades (GPA Calc – Term Calculator).
Students in a 120-credit hour program of study should take at least 15 credit hours per semester (or 30 credit hours per year) to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in four years. For more information about the importance of graduating on time, visit 15 to Finish Indiana.
Find your Degree Audit in myPUC!
Sign in to myPUC with your username and password and click on the “Degree Works / Advising Information” tab where you can view your degree audit and have easy access to all the great Degree Works tools!
Learn how to use Degree Works.
For information about using the Degree Works program and how to understand your degree audit, view these brief Degree Works video tutorials. There are separate videos that show in detail how to use all the Degree Works features.
For specific Degree Works information and directions, including log-in procedures, follow these easy step by step instructions.
Questions about Degree Works?
For commonly asked questions about Degree Works, see Degree Works FAQ’s.
If you have specific questions about how your Purdue courses and/or transfer credit coursework are used to meet specific degree requirements in your audit, please contact your academic advisor.