Change of Degree Objective

Students who are considering changing their majors should contact their current academic advisor. If the student meets the requirements to change, they may proceed with the Change of Degree Objective process outlined below.

Change of Major Process

  1. Student meets with current academic advisor to discuss change of major.
  2. Student prints and fills out the appropriate change form:
    • Change of Degree Objective (CODO) form is used for degree/major changes between colleges within the Univeristy. 
    • Change of Curriculum (CCC) form is used for curriculum/major changes within the same college.
  3. Advisor directs the student to the prospective new academic advisor, who will check eligibility and sign the form.
  4. Student or advisor may submit the form to the Office of the Registrar in Lawshe Room 130.
  5. Students may check in myPUC to verify that the request was processed.

New students who have yet to begin their first term at Purdue Calumet should contact the Office of Admissions at (219) 989-2213 to have their major updated. Once they have begun their first semester and then wish to change their major, they should follow the steps above.

Students may refer to the College Requirements for Changing Majors for specific information for each College within Purdue University Calumet to see if they meet entrance requirements.

Change of Major Forms

  The College of Nursing does not use these forms.  Please follow the process below.

For Entry Level Nursing Students Only:

Nursing StudentsFill out the appropriate CODO form for either the standard Bachelor of Science Degree option or the Accelerated 2nd Degree Baccalaureate option, which are available in the College of Nursing office in CLO 313 or the Office of the Registrar in Lawshe 130. Please follow the directions on the forms carefully. 

For more information on the requirements for admission into the College of Nursing, please visit the Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing web site.

Return forms to the Office of the Registrar by January 31st for consideration for the following fall term.  Forms will be forwarded to the College of Nursing on February 1st along with transcripts from other schools attended and any additional required documents that are on file.

Requests for admission will be submitted to the Nursing Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee in early March. Students will be notified of the committee’s decision at the end of March.