Personal Directory Information

Students are responsible for providing an up-to-date and accurate record of personal information to the University. The Office of the Registrar is responsible for maintaining this information for the University.

Whenever you move, change your name or telephone number, you must notify the Office of the Registrar by  visiting the Enrollment Services Center in Room 130, Lawshe Hall or by sending theform via fax at (219) 989-2771 or via  mail, Purdue University, Office of the Registrar, Lawshe Hall, Room 130, 2200 169th Street, Hammond, IN 46323.

Changing Personal Information

If your home address and/or phone number should change during the academic year, either fax or mail the Address Change Request form, which can be obtained by clicking on the link of Address Change Form (.pdf version), to the Office of the Registrar or visit the Office of the Registrar in the Enrollment Services Center in Room 130, Lawshe Hall.

To download a .pdf document, click on the document title. Please note these documents are in Adobe PDF format. To view or print the file in Adobe PDF format, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free by clicking on the link of Adobe Acrobat Reader site. If specific instructions exist for a particular document, before the download begins, you will be directed to an information page to help you with the process. To “Request an alternate format” please click on the following url link  of Alternate Format.

Home addresses and/or phone numbers of students who live in University Village I or II may be changed at the Office of the Registrar in the Enrollment Services Center in Room 130 of Lawshe Hall.

If you do not want your name/address/phone number to appear in the Student and Staff Telephone Directory, contact the Office of the Registrar, Room 130, Lawshe Hall, prior to the end of the first week of the semester.

The University is permitted to release certain information about a student without the student’s expressed permission.  This information is called Directory Information and includes the following…

  • name;
  • e-mail address;
  • address and phone number;
  • college/school; program of study;
  • classification;
  • credit hour load;
  • dates of attendance;
  • degrees, awards, and honors received;
  • participation in activities and sports; and
  • weight, height and position of athletic team members.

Students may request in person, with photo identification, at the Office of the Registrar that all of their directory information be restricted.  For these students, it is important to note that No information is released without the students’ written consent.

If a student elects to restrict all information, the Office of the Registrar will give the following response to all inquiries: “We have no information on this individual.”

To change your name on official university records, it is necessary to present a document such as a marriage license, birth certificate, divorce decree or court order to the Office of the Registrar, Room 130 in Lawshe Hall. If such documentation is not available, three alternate documents such as driver’s license, voter registration card or credit card may be presented.

For additional help concerning student personal information, call the Office of the Registrar at (219) 989-2210, or come to the Enrollment Services Center in Room 130 of Lawshe Hall.

Please note: in order to view some of these forms, you may need to download and install free document viewer plugins. You will find the links to those plugins in the navigation on the right of each page on this site.

We make every effort to assure that all of our content and documents are fully accessible but we realize that there are software and hardware limitations that may require specific formats. If you need a specific type of format in order to access our content, please let us know by filling out the alternate format form.