Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to the following list of questions are explained in order below the list of questions.

How do I register for classes?

Before registering for Purdue Calumet credit courses, admission to the University is required. You may visit the Enrollment Services Center, Lawshe Hall ( The Building is located on 173rd & Woodmar Avenue) Room 130 or call 219-989-2213 for more information. You can choose various entry paths into course work. Once you have been admitted, pick up your permit to register in the Enrollment Services Center. Look for your advisor’s name and phone number on the permit.

Continuing students may register via the web.  For the printable .pdf file of easy to follow instructions, please click on the following link of  Web Registration

How do I drop a class?

Students may drop a class and receive a full refund prior to the first week of classes. They must complete a schedule revision card at the Enrollment Services Center, Lawshe Hall 130. After the first week of classes the percentage refund changes, please see the Office of Student Accounts home page regarding refunds, or click on the following link of Semester Refund Policy.

How do I process a change of major?

Students are required to complete a Change of Degree Objective form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar, if they are declaring a change of major. More information on Change of Degree Objective (acronym of CODO) is available by clicking on the link of Change Of Degree Objective

return to top

What is my student classification?

Classification of a student is based upon the number of hours completed toward the intended degree. The student’s academic advisor keeps track of this classification and updates it accordingly. The following formula in table format is helpful in determining your student classification:

Student Classification Formula
Credit Hours Classification Category

1 – 14



15 – 29


2nd Semester Freshman

30 – 44



45 – 59


2nd Semester Sophomore

60 — 74



75 – 89


2nd Semester Junior

90 – 104





2nd Semester Senior

How do I request a copy of my academic record?

Method #1

Students may request copies of their transcript by sending the following information via FAX at (765) 494-0570 or write to the following address:

Purdue University
Office of the Registrar
1095 Hovde Hall, Room 55
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1095

Information to Send via FAX or Mail:

Full Name
Purdue Student Identification Number
Date of Birth
Dates of Attendance at Purdue (or extension campus)
Where you would like the transcript(s) sent
The number of transcripts being requested (maximum 10 per request)
Your written legal signature
All transcripts provided by the university are free of charge to the student.

return to top

How do I request verification of enrollment for insurance purposes?

You may obtain information by clicking on the link of enrollment verification if you are requesting Enrollment Verification that you are a full time student as proof for insurance companies either medical or automobile, you must submit a request in writing to the Registrar’s Office. Our verification clerk will provide a letter for whatever purpose you are requiring. You may send us an e-mail and we will quickly respond to your request.

You may bring your request to the Office of the Registrar, Room 130, Lawshe Hall, submit the request by fax at (219) 989-2771, or mail your written request to the following address:

Purdue University Calumet      
Office of the Registrar
Lawshe Hall, Room 130
2200 169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094

Your request can be picked up after 10:00 am on the next business day.  Your request will be mailed out for you ONLY if you include a self-addressed envelope.

For further information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 219-989-2210.

How do I process a change of name and address?

You may request a change of name or address through the Office of the Registrar. A change of name will require an official document such as a legal court document, birth certificate, or marriage license.

How can I get a copy of my class schedule?

You can get your schedule of classes by logging into your MyPUC or PCSTAR account.

How do I find out my adviser’s name and office location?

The initial advisor is assigned through the Office of Admission (Undergraduate or Graduate). The advisor’s name, office location and telephone will appear on the Offer of Admission mailed to your home. You may contact the Office of Admission for this information. This information is updated by the Office of the Registrar as students change their program of study. It is also available on your Permit to Register.

return to top

What should I do if I am recalled for Military Duty?

Leaving the University

The Office of the Registrar will be your contact in processing a withdrawal for military deployment.  We are aware that you have a short amount of time to accomplish your withdrawal and report for duty, and we will work within the university guidelines to expedite the process as quickly as possible for you.

First, you will contact the Office of Financial Aid.  Please bring a copy of your military orders along with your power of attorney documentation to Veterans’ Affairs, Office of Financial Aid, Lawshe Hall, Room 130.  If you do not have the above documentation at the time of your visit to the office, we will accept a faxed copy at (219) 989-2771.

If you are unable to stop by the office, please call Noemi at (219) 989-2177 and she will walk you through the necessary steps to complete the withdrawal process.

If you have federal or private loans, we will contact your lenders so that they can defer your loan payments since you will not be in school.

If there is a time restraint imposed by your orders, other properly authorized parties will be permitted to act on your behalf, such as a family member who has power of attorney.  They may contact Noemi for assistance.

If you reside at the University Village, please contact the Director of your residence hall prior to your departure.

Depending upon the time frame that you are called to Active Duty, you can either obtain a 100% refund of your money or partial credit.  You can choose to cancel your registration and receive 100% of your money back at any point.  Note:  In the case of a 100% refund, all student aid will be returned to the originating account for the return to the agency providing the funds such as federal aid, state aid, private aid, or institutional aid.  Your options will be discussed with you thoroughly upon your initial contact with the Veteran Affairs Coordinator.

Your eligibility to register at Purdue University Calumet will remain intact while you are on Active Duty.  This will enable you to continue utilizing your Purdue email account.  Additionally, you will be able to contact your academic advisor upon your return to register for classes.

Returning to the University

Please bring a copy of your discharge papers (DD214) at the completion of your active duty to Noemi in Veterans’ Affairs, Office of Financial Aid, Lawshe Hall, Room 130.  She will check to see that your registration status is up-to-date and will work with all other campus offices to help make your transition back to the University as smooth as possible.

How do I get additional information from the Office of the Registrar?

Usually, a reply to your e-mail questions will be sent to your Internet address within 24 hours. Also, our office is open Monday, Thursday and Friday: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM and Tuesday and Wednesday:  7:30 AM to 6:30 PM should you want to stop by or give us a call at (219) 989-2210 or (219) 989-2616. Our office is located in the Enrollment Services Center, Lawshe Hall 130.  There are holiday interim hours on occasion, so please check for current hours during in-between semester times.

return to top