CODO Process for newly admitted students before start of term:
• Students who need to change their major during the admissions process must be referred to
Admissions to have their major code updated.
• Upon processing/completing correction, Admissions will refer student to new appropriate advisor
CODO Process for newly admitted students after enrollment at start of term:
• Once the term starts, and the student is enrolled, they are no longer considered “new” and will need to follow the procedures below to change major through the Registrar
CCC Process for enrolled students to change major within same college:
- Student meets with current advisor for discussion and receives information about the CCC process and use of the CCC form for major change within same college
- Advisor will direct student to the prospective new advisor to schedule informational appointment
- Potential new advisor meets with student to check eligibility, etc. and 1) complete CCC form for student to return to Registrar OR 2) email Registrar to process the request and copy both former advisor and student on email
- Registrar will process/complete CCC form and send email correspondence that the change has been completed which notifies advisors. Students will be directed to MYPUC to check the change.
- Former advisor transfers student file to new advisor/department
CODO Process for enrolled students to change major to different school’s program within the university:
• Student meets with current advisor for discussion and receives information about the CODO process as well as eligibility requirements for a CODO
• Advisor will direct student to website for the CODO form
• Advisor will direct student to schedule informational appointment with potential new advisor
• Student schedules appointment with potential new advisor and prints CODO form from website to bring to appointment
• Potential new advisor meets with student to check eligibility, etc. and will 1) fill out CODO form student OR 2) email Registrar to process the request and copy both former advisor and student on email
• Registrar will complete paper CODO and send an email correspondence that the change has been processed/completed which notifies the advisors. Student will be directed to MYPUC to check the change
• Former advisor transfers student file to new advisor/department
Requirements by College
Center for Learnig and Academic Success
- 3.0 overall in courses required for major (excluding courses not required)
- Content GPAs per agreements with departments:
- 3.0 in content for Foreign Languages, English and Social Studies
- 2.5 in Math
- 2.75 in Science
- Grades of B in English and Communication
Engineering, Mathematics and Science
- Should have completed MA 153 with “C” (=2) or better
Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- 1st English 104 “C” (=2) or better and
- 1st Math (MA 153 for BS degree or BA 105 for BA degree) and 5 subject area GPA 2.2
Important Note follows about the College of Nursing:
- A student CODO request must be presented to the committee (see other) for consideration for possible admission.
- Admission is not guaranteed simply by submitting a request. The deadline date is February 1st for each fall semester.
- 2.75/4.0 from 12 credit hours of pre-requisite core courses.
Important Note follows about the College of Nursing GPA Requirement: Repeated core courses within past five years of application will be factored into the cumulative GPA.
• Complete 12 cr. hrs. (w/ 2 courses from core sciences) from following core courses:
- Core Sciences: BIOL 213, 214, 221, CHM 119
- Core Non-Sciences: ENGL 104, PSY
- 120, ENGL 105
• Grades less than “C” (=2.0) in any 3 core courses will result in ineligibility for admission.
• A max of 2 core courses can be repeated one time each.
• A “W” can only occur once from the same core science.
- Apply to College of Nursing by Feb. 1 and submit “Request for Consideration by the Nursing Admissions Committee”
- Lab science courses can be no more than 5 years old from application date
For the PDF version of the above information, please click on the following url link of CODO and CCC Process Guide 2012_updated (pdf)
To download a .pdf document, click on the document title. Please note these documents are in Adobe PDF format. To view or print the file in Adobe PDF format, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free by clicking on the following link of Adobe Acrobat Reader site. If specific instructions exist for a particular document, before the download begins, you will be directed to an information page to help you with the process.