Checklist: Admission, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Registration

To register for classes at Purdue University Calumet, you should complete the following steps. New students begin at Step 1. All other students begin at Step 2.


Undergraduate Admissions: Admission is required before registering for Purdue University Calumet credit courses. Visit Lawshe Hall, Room 130 or call (219) 989-2213 for more information.

APPLICATION DEADLINES for Undergraduate Degree-Seeking are as follows, for the upcoming terms as listed:

Summer Term deadline is May 1, 2013

Fall Term deadline is July 29, 2013

Please note that the Deadline for enrollment for Non-degree seeking applicants will be no later than the Friday before classes begin for the Summer (June 14, 2013) and Fall (August 22, 2013) semesters. 

**Degree Seeking Students please note that  if you intend to take courses toward a baccalaureate degree, you will be applying for degree seeking admission.

  • Purdue Transfer: If you’re coming to Purdue University Calumet from another Purdue campus, you’ll need to com­plete an inter-campus transfer application.
  • Re-Entry: If you have attended Purdue University Calumet before and it has been two years or longer, you must update your admission. Contact the Office of Admissions, Lawshe Hall, Room 130.

**Non-degree Seeking Students please note that individuals not pursuing a degree, but who are taking undergraduate credit courses, must reapply for each semester. If individual attended in a degree seeking status previously and did not earn a degree they must return as degree seeking.

Graduate Admissions: If you have a four year degree from an accredited college or university, you need to be admitted to the Purdue University Calumet Graduate School. You can choose various entry paths into course- work. Visit Lawshe Hall, Room 356, or call (219) 989- 2257 for more information.
    * Non-degree seeking students please note that if you just want to take a class or classes and are not sure if you want a graduate degree at the current time, then begin as a non-degree seeking student. You can take up to 12 credit hours as a non-degree graduate student before applying to be degree seeking.
    * Degree-seeking students please note that if you intend to take graduate courses toward a graduate degree, plan on applying for regular graduate admission. Call or visit our Graduate Admission Office to learn how to get started. Allow 2-3 months for this process. Please note the date this action is completed.
                            Date Completed: _____ / _____ / _____

Steps 2 – 7 are for new and continuing students


Visit the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts Web site at the following url link of  ofasa for infor­mation on financial assistance, including types of aid, eligibility criteria, deadlines, and the application process.

Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at annually. If you have not already completed a 2012-2013 FAFSA for Summer 2012 do so as soon as possible.  For 2013-2014 file your FAFSA after Jan. 1, 2013. Your FAFSA MUST BE RECEIVED BY the federal processor by March 10 to place yourself in priority consideration for all levels of aid:  federal, state and institutional. Obtain a PIN at to sign your FAFSA electronically.

Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at the following url link of  annually. If you have not already completed a 2013-14 FAFSA for Fall 2013, do so as soon as possible. Please note that your FAFSA must be received by the federal processor by March 10 to place yourself in priority consideration for all levels of aid: federal, state and institutional. Obtain a PIN at the following url of to sign your FAFSA electronically.


Remember, on a daily basis to do the following:

  • Check your personal email (as provided on the FAFSA) and your PUC email for messages from our office.
  • Check your financial aid information on PCSTAR.  To access PCSTAR, go to the following url of  Purdue Calumet  and click on the PCSTAR icon on the Start Here menu.

For further information, please be aware of the following notations:

  • Access our Web site at the following url of
  • E-mail us at the following url of  
  • Visit the Office of Financial Aid and Student Accounts in the Enrollment Services Center, in Lawshe Hall, Room 130.
  • Call us at 219/989-2301.


Once you’ve been accepted, the university will send you an acceptance letter explaining the enrollment process. The acceptance letter will include your advisor’s name and phone number and office location (right-hand column).


 The following note is for BEGINNING TRADITIONAL STUDENTS:

All first time students with no prior college will attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) session, where they will be 1) connected to academic programs, and 2) introduced to techniques to help transition them into the first semester of college. Please note it is very important that you are required to complete a mandatory math placement test prior to registering for NSO. For information on taking the math placement test, or call the Testing Center at (219) 989-2504 or visit their Web site at Skills.

To R.S.V.P. for New Student Orientation, call (219) 989-2358 or visit their Web site at  New Student .

Please note the following:  Once you are registered for classes, proceed to Step 7 — Fee Payment.

 The following note is for ALL OTHER STUDENTS:

Non-degree, inter-campus transfer, re-entry, beginning non-traditional (at least 23 years of age) and transfer (more than 15 college level credits — including an equivalent to Purdue University Calumet’s ENGL 10400) students can meet directly with their academic advisor without having to attend New Student Orientation. Contact your academic advisor about scheduling an appointment. Your advisor will assist with the selection of course(s) as it applies to your program of study and may register you at their desktop. Please note the following: Registration by classification dates are available by clicking on the following url link of key dates.  


If your academic advisor registered you during your appointment, you may skip to Step # 7. If your academic advisor supplied you with a signed Course Request Card that they were unable to process during your appointment, you should bring the card to the Enrollment Services Center (Lawshe Hall, Room 130) for processing. If eligible, you may process your registration on the Web. For the printable .pdf file of step-by-step instructions on how to register on the web, click on the following link of  Web Registration

Please note the Date  this step is Completed: _____ / _____ / ____


If you have not already received your Statement of Classes, you may print one from PC STAR. This statement will list the courses you selected and the estimated total amount due.

Payment Information Sheets are available in the Enrollment Services Center.    Please note the following WARNING: If a student does not meet the payment deadline for Priority Registration, cancellation by the Office of Student Accounts may occur.


If you pay ONLINE (Access PCSTAR via the icon on the Start Here menu on PUC’s homepage, at the following url link of Purdue Calumet, or through the myPUC portal, which can also be accessed at the same location.)

Option 1: Pay your tuition and fees in full using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Webcheck

Option 2: Establish a monthly tuition payment plan using NBS/FACTS*

*Please note that NBS/FACTS is an interest-free tuition payment plan that provides you with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and other educational expenses.

If you pay IN PERSON (at the Student Accounts Teller window in Lawshe Hall, Room 130).

Option 1: Cash, Check

Option 2: Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Debit Card

Purdue University Calumet does not cancel registra­tion processed when registration re-opens and/or when Registration Accepted/Late fees assessed for which payment arrangements have not been made.

Use PCSTAR to check the status of your financial aid, to enroll in a NBS/FACTS payment plan and/or to pay your bill online. Access PCSTAR (Purdue Calumet Student Access to Records) via the icon on the Start Here menu on PUC’s homepage, at the following url link of Purdue Calumet, or through the myPUC portal, which can also be accessed at the same location.

Financial Aid Students

Course registrations will automatically be held for those students whose authorized financial aid (aid ready to be disbursed onto a student’s account) as shown on their E-Bill covers their entire balance for tuition and fees.  Students choosing not to attend must contact the Registrar’s office prior to the end of the course 100% refund period to officially withdraw from their classes.

Course registrations will NOT be held for those students whose authorized financial aid as shown on their E-Bill DOES NOT cover their entire bill for tuition and fees.  They MUST make payment in full or establish a payment plan with NBS/FACTS Tuition Management for the balance owed.

Visit our Web site at  ofasa to learn about the financial aid refund process for Fall 2013.

Electronic Communications

Note: When the University has official information to communicate to you we will do so by emailing your Purdue Calumet-issued email account.  Students are expected to read, and shall be presumed to have received and read, all official Purdue Calumet messages sent to their PUC e-mail accounts.  It is your responsibility to be aware of and respond when necessary to any official university messages.   Students are encouraged to access PC STAR at Purdue Calumet or through MyPUC on a daily basis, and watch for e-mails sent to their Purdue Calumet e-mail and their personal e-mail (as provided on their FAFSA) accounts for updates and important messages.

Please note that if you have problems accessing the information in this web page or on any posted report, please contact Associate Registrar for Data Research Diane Bartko at We make every effort to assure that all of our content and documents are fully accessible but we realize that there are software and hardware limitations that may require specific formats. If you need a specific type of format in order to access our content, please let us know by filling out the alternate format form.