Answers to Parents’ Most Frequently Asked Questions
When parents and/or visitors express an interest in our program we provide a guided tour of Charlotte R. Riley Child Center (Purdue Riley). Parents and visitors are provided a tour packet containing the following information:
- Purdue Riley Brochure
- Purdue Riley Enrollment Information
The parent FAQ provides parents and visitors with quick answers to most concerns and questions. Please make an appointment to speak to the center director, assistant director or center secretary if you need further information.
Once enrolled, families receive a copy of our parent handbook, curriculum handouts and other child center/classroom information at a scheduled parent orientation.
Our parent handbook is intended to assist families in becoming familiar with our child center/classroom policies and procedures. Many of the policies and procedures are determined by our accrediting and licensing agencies. Other policies and procedures are set by Purdue University Calumet and the Charlotte R. Riley Child Center.
Frequently Asked Questions Topics:
- Interactions Among Teachers and Children
- Discipline (Learning Prosocial Behaviors and Guidance)
- The Daily Routine
- Relationships Among Teachers and Families
- Health and Safety
- Eligibility, Enrollment, Scheduling, Vacation, Withdrawal and Dismissal
- Nutrition and Food Service — Mealtimes, Snacks ,Celebrating with Food
- Physical Environment