Purdue University Calumet School of Nursing offers an innovative program in which our Master’s of Science with a major in Nursing degree is offered in a dedicated online platform. Students will visit the Purdue Calumet campus one time during their advanced health assessment course for concentrated physical assessment training and skill assessment. Students will obtain practicum experience in their respective geographic locations. Prospective students have a chance to choose from the following curricular options:
· MS Degree with areas of specialization as family nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist in adult and/or critical care nursing
· Post-Master’s Certificates in family nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, and nursing education
The School of Nursing at Purdue University Calumet is fully accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). MS degree graduates and those who complete the post-master’s certificate are eligible to complete appropriate certification exams.
- Opportunity to study at a major, comprehensive university
- Competitive tuition rates
- Qualified faculty who are also certified in online instruction
- Programs of study meet guidelines, standards and competencies set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties, the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists, and the NLNAC
- Excellent pass rate on credentialing examinations
- Long history of delivering distance education
- Availability of technical support
- The Purdue University School of Nursing houses the Indiana Center for Evidence Based Practice, a collaborating center of the Joanna Briggs Institute, Australia, and the curriculum reflects commitment to evidence based practice
You can obtain more information about the Master’s of Science degree online program by contacting the School of Nursing at 219/989-2815 or 800/HI-PURDUE, ext. 2815. You can also email us at onlineMSprogram@purduecal.edu or visit our website at webs.purduecal.edu/nursing.