What is instructional design?
Instructional design is the systematic process of developing instructions using learning and instructional theories to ensure the quality of instruction. The process encompasses the analysis of learning needs and goals, the development of instructional materials and activities to help students meet the goals, and the evaluation of the instruction and learner activities to understand their impact on learning.
OIT’s Instructional Design and Technology Services
OIT’s staff provides instructional design expertise to Purdue Calumet instructors. Starting with your teaching and student learning goals, we review your existing approaches to your course and consider new approaches and technologies to help you and your students meet those goals in a better way.
Our services include:
- One-on-one/group consultations relating to:
- incorporating pedagogical advice on teaching methods
- incorporating the best assessment tools for educational outcomes
- determining an appropriate mix of technologies for course delivery and facilitating learning (tecHarmony)
- Training and workshops. Group workshops for departments are also available per request.
- Digital Learning Faculty Certificate Program